egr resistor

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

egr resistor

Post by 99_fly_by » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:18 pm

ok guys ive been searching EVERYWHERE for a how to on wiring in the 10w(ohm) resistor and still have yet to find one. my egr tube to the intake is blocked but everything else is still there. could someone possibly post a diagram or preferrably a detailed how-to on doing this? i also know it wont ELMINATE the cel but it will make it come on less often rather than CONSTANTLY ON. any bit of help would be appreciated
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

JaxMadine
1GN Registrant

Post by JaxMadine » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 pm

ive never heard of this. But with keeping with tricking other components, such as airbags, just unplug the egr, and put the resistor in place Ive never heard of tricking the egr, but going with the theory of how you trick other stuff, you just unplug the egr, and stick the resistor into the connector.

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:21 pm

You know, having the egr valve off and not having the light on is a hard thing to accomplish. The PCM has a way to test if the egr valve is actually working, not just having a load on the circuit. It just actuates the valve and sees if the idle changes.

The following text was taken from the Chrysler drive cycle procedure sheet:
EGR System Monitor Drive Trace - Electronic
Pre-Conditioning Requirements:
- MIL must be off.
- MAP must be between 0-60 KPa.
- Engine speed between 500-850 rpm.
- ECT is above 180º F (90º C).
- No misfire temporary (pending) or matured fault present.
- A/C clutch, PS Switch and Cooling fans do not change state (turn off).
Driving Procedure
1) Idle vehicle for five (5) minutes (to reach closed loop operation).
2) Drive with a steady vehicle speed between 40 & 60 mph for 2 minutes.
3) Idle vehicle for three (3) minutes.
Note: This monitor evaluates EGR flow based on a change of engine roughness (idle stability).
Conditions causing un-stable idle will prevent this monitor from running.

So going by this, the only way to avoid the light being on is by staying under 40 and maybe taping the gas while at a stop light to jerk the idle around.

Now of course the Mopar performance pcm ignores the egr so that would be easier.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:13 pm

i would LOVE the mopar PCM but there are 2 issues with it. 1. I dont have the cash for it. and 2. i have an ATX SOHC
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:58 pm

There is a certain value resistor that will prevent an EGR trouble code, they are included in the Vitor/Neon Goodies block off kit, and from my own experience it does work.

I just don't recall the value of the resistor, but if you ask Vitor nicely I'm sure he will tell you.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 pm

I have one somewhere in the garage or sitting in my room. If I find it before you find out I'll let you guys know.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 pm

put a resistor with 1.2k ohms and a 5% tolerance for 5w in the 12vdc-14.5vdc range. a pack of five is like $1.99 at radioshack. it works for a while, but it still comes on. A couple of my customers say it comes on about every two months.

72 rs
1GN n00b

Post by 72 rs » Tue May 19, 2009 1:16 pm

will leaving the solinoid ( elec. portion ) pluged in and just removing the egr and tube work ( keep the check engine light off )

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 am

72 rs, it will not work that way. that is the style block-off i have done and the CEL will not shut off. my inspection is due this month and since its OBD2, any code being thrown is an automatic fail for emissions which SUCKS!!

Vinny, would you be so kind as to put up a how-to on wiring it in?
Got Neon?

Jade420
1GN n00b

Post by Jade420 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Now of course the Mopar performance pcm ignores the egr so that would be easier.[/quote]

So what your saying is the with a mp ecu i could junk the egr and everything is peaches and cream?!?!?!? :shock:
WTB depo fogs

Jade420
1GN n00b

Post by Jade420 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Well the answer is
WTB depo fogs

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:48 pm

YES

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 pm

99_fly_by wrote:Vinny, would you be so kind as to put up a how-to on wiring it in?
Not much to explain, there is only two wires in the EGR plug. IIRC I cut the harness off, soldered extension wires, then encased the resistor in hot glue inside the project box. Then it was attached to the top of my ECU with 3M foam tape next to my MAP clamp which was in the same type of box. It's visible in this pic:

suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Jade420
1GN n00b

Post by Jade420 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:17 pm

To late found out fomr a friend of mine and had the guy at my job fab me up a block of plates using the stock gaskets as a templets
WTB depo fogs

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 pm

ok so if i rip all the egr crap out ill have a light this i know but will the car ru ny differently? of course i would do block off plates. thanks in advance
My sohc runs good mid 15s should i do dohc?