Atx-Mtx *Swap completed 3/24* 56k go away

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:47 am

Skill wrote:ok here is my buy/replacement list right now and i think that is all i need.

Solid Bobble Strut - 32 shipped
4 Bushings - 21.50 shipped
Throw out Bearing - pn 4670026-AB - 24.86
PT Clutch - pn 4668555-AF(AG) - 207.90
Oil Seal - pn 4621939-AB - 10
Clutch Assembly to flexplate Bolts - pn 6504383 - 1.45/piece (need 4 of them)
3qts. Mopar Fluid - pn 4874465 - 9.60/Quart

Modular Conversion Kit - pn p5007435 - 43.67

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:37 am

The swap is slated to start in a few short hours(damn work). Ill get as many pics as I can , but I cant promise a full howto.
I cant wat to get crackin :D

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:09 am

lots of pics at all your steps then when u get back you can write it up. Just need the pics is all you need other then it's just common knowledge to write it

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:55 am

Well the swap is done , I have SOME pics , but I had some unfortunate luck with the camera , so Hopefully the pics I did get will help.

But anyways . It went very smooth , Got everything hooked up and fired up by early saturday afternoon. The tranny had been drained of fluid for about 2 weeks prior to me putting it in , and Im not sure how long it was since it was run before I got my hands on it. Its not shifting as smooth as I would like but it gets better the more I drive it. I did have to order a new clutch cable because the one I put in from donor car was too loose.Reserves doesnt wanna go into gear without banging it in but like I said I think thats all due to the tranny no being run in a while. Ill get what pics I did take sometime this afternoon. Oh yeah one more thing , this swap completely change the way my car drives , I mean other than the obvious shifting, but I mean it actually has some pep. All in all it was a success and Im pleased .

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:24 am

Erays3r wrote:...Oh yeah one more thing , this swap completely change the way my car drives , I mean other than the obvious shifting, but I mean it actually has some pep. All in all it was a success and Im pleased .
welcome to the MTX world ;)

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Picture time. Heads up , my girly was taking the pictures because I was often wrist deep in grease and I couldnt hold the cam without fucking it up. So I hope some of these will be of some help.

Putting the new pedals in

Finished pedal install

After running the shifter cables

My crazy metal center console anyone else have one of these ??

The mtx :)

the hole the mtx will be going in and a shot of the flywheel
and heres the slushbox

This is a shot of the K member with vitors bobble mount welded on.

heres the finished product inside

I have more pictures ,but I dunno how much help they would be. I know the pics are random , but between camera probs and my girl taken the pictures I think I ended up with at least one good shot :)

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:15 pm

hells yea man. it feels great huh?
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:17 pm

matter of fact, what do you plan to do with the wheels on your donor car? what condition are they all in?
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:57 pm

SloUSDM20 wrote:matter of fact, what do you plan to do with the wheels on your donor car? what condition are they all in?
I only had them on the car till I was finished pulling parts they didnt come with the car when I bought it

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Erays3r wrote:Well the swap is done , I have SOME pics , but I had some unfortunate luck with the camera , so Hopefully the pics I did get will help.

But anyways . It went very smooth , Got everything hooked up and fired up by early saturday afternoon. The tranny had been drained of fluid for about 2 weeks prior to me putting it in , and Im not sure how long it was since it was run before I got my hands on it. Its not shifting as smooth as I would like but it gets better the more I drive it. I did have to order a new clutch cable because the one I put in from donor car was too loose.Reserves doesnt wanna go into gear without banging it in but like I said I think thats all due to the tranny no being run in a while. Ill get what pics I did take sometime this afternoon. Oh yeah one more thing , this swap completely change the way my car drives , I mean other than the obvious shifting, but I mean it actually has some pep. All in all it was a success and Im pleased .
Well I figured out why the gears werent as smooth as they should be.........the clutch cable was hung up on the master cylinder... :oops:

Couldnt be happier. Oh yeah forgot to mention that the the vibrant sounds a whole hell of alot better with a mtx. Totally different sounds coming from the car, definatly sounds mean :twisted:

BadBrads97Neon
1GN Registrant

Post by BadBrads97Neon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 pm

Where did you get the Throwout bearing for it?
B_rad

97 DOHC, ATX, 3.0 CAI, AF/X UDP, Filled Mounts, MSD Coil Pack, KYB GR2 Struts, Skunk2 Springs, SRT Console, Boot & Knob, Custom Interior, Limo Tinted Windows. Currently undergoing full MTX Swap with Maddog STS, Boogers and PT Clutch. Near Future: SRT Wheels, SRT Spoiler, Vibrant Dual Exhaust, MPx 60mm TB

1gn.org Member #321

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:15 am

Awesome swap! I took the metal weight out fgrom my console. all you have to do is use bolts and nuts to hold the door back on and you'll be all set. I figured more weight redux....and it's free!!!

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:00 am

is this your first manual car? I also like how you got the decal sticker to show you where the gears are :lol: Don't want to forget which is which ...

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:20 am

When I got my Netami Shift Knob, it came with a couple of them. 5spd, 6spd, and one that just says Netami on it..... I think a good portion of aftermarket knobs come that way now.....

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Archametes wrote:When I got my Netami Shift Knob, it came with a couple of them. 5spd, 6spd, and one that just says Netami on it..... I think a good portion of aftermarket knobs come that way now.....
if ur talking to me i'm not talking about on the shift knob .. look at the console.