My 96 project

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks I am glad people like it, I am happy got it inspected yesterday so now she is my DD, but by all means it is far from the end of this log, still got a ton I want to do including the 2.4 swap this spring.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Well been a while since i been on. I been super busy trying to get stuff done before winter, big change my make shift summer garage is coming down shortly. I am working on building a 14x20 bay around the makeshift one. Not super big but need a place to work on the coupe this winter. Hummm Time to get the 2.4 tore down and parts list.. But first I got to junk my 00 neon, to much work for inspection and to make it run right. I am working on buying a 98 Jeep GC for winter, then maybe a lift and 35's in the spring lol. get some pics of the new buildin soon....

Well after workin on the garage to day I am informed that i cant have it that close to the house...... so landlord game me rights to knock a hole in the wall and put a garage in it lol. ironic that it is 14x60 mite have to raise the roof on one end so I can fit the jeep in for work.. have to do some looking into heights yet.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

So i noticed I for got to put that my garage was a dog kennel, that is why I got to knock the wall out on. pics of what I got done so far to make way for the coupe.
ImageImage
ImageImage Image
So yes big project underway with this lol. Had i known when I started this the entire roof need replaced I may of raised it a bit for clearance for my Jeep. though it should still fit if not now it will when I am done lol. Yep I got it monday, has a bit of a miss but nothing i dont think a tuneup would fix. needs tires and some work on the rockers. But for a 98 with 116k miles I couldnt pass it up for $475.00... fucked up I payed less for it than my neon and it is a 4x4 in much better shape to start with haha.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:32 am

I got a few pics to put up, not the best ones but yep my phone sucks.
Couple random pics of the muddy meia out back.
ImageImage
She is dirty, should take her to the car wash before I put her in the garage for winter work.

Next couple random pics of my new winter beater.
ImageImage
ImageImage

This Will get a make over this spring, looking like 35's, 4 inch lift, cage and wench in the works.

Then few randoms of the work on my garage/ dog kennel.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Got a lot done on this but have been a tad lazy. I still need the landlord to get me a new tin roof. Got to go get my wood stove witch in in Ripley Ny, build a door, and seal it up not to much cleaning left to do. Getting cold really dont like working in it lol.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Lol so it took 3 mins of them same pics on Fb to get you need a new camera lol. My pit bull Morgan, always under my feet. chewing up my stuff but look at her cant stay mad to long.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
So here are some better pictures lol

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

ok update got some progress done on the garage, and I own a jeep from hell.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Oh shit i did it now...
ImageImage

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Oh yes I did forget to post last day I got to drive it the rear strut blew out on my way to work. So felt like the wheel was coming off or some crap, stop at my dads to check it out and broke the break line going to the wheel... So the neon been parked a month now, hoping to get the garage useable by the end of the weekend. But still have to work on the purple one i sold for inspection.. I just cant escape that one.

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm

That sucks.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm

humm maybe just smash the outside cover off both them lol

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 am

Well neon aside, This is my new project car 1973 Maverick Grabber!
ImageImage
ImageImage

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 pm

some one stoll the front end, well at least they left it on blocks for you.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:08 am

No that was about the only thing that hasn't been stolen though. The 302 boss that was in it got stolen in 94 with the trailer it was on. So in 73 they had drum breaks on the front. Though in 74 they installed disk breaks on the front. So after the motor got stolen he tore the car all apart and went to jail lmao. Got out put the car in storage (cant build a car and pay fines.) He took it out 2 years ago but his health has gone for the worst so he gave me the car. I have a 302, 4 speed not sure what i need to make it roll yet. need front bumper 70-73 skinny one. set of 351 heads and cam to build the boss. almost want to turbo it lol. But have to see what kind of money i need first. but body really aint that bad. RR needs some love other than that it all will sand blast good. just got to get it home and drag the neon out of the garage.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Well project 2.4 back on track. Got it up on the stand now, cleaned and painted. Need to changw the under drive pully yet. Fab a alt bracket, maybe a ps bracket. Buy the motor mount adapter. I know i can buy all this but on a tight on cash. Buy a header get wiring ready, found a ecu for the harness i am using now so most will be done at the time of the swap. Pullin the shoc out july 28th so want to have as much done as i can by then. Not sure if i should pull the balance shaft or not. Pull a 12' trailer with a zero turn so need it to hold together. Thoughts on that?

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:30 am

hey guys, got a question. pulled the oil pan off my 2.4 last nite to find a broken chain in beind the oil pump, is that part of the balance shaft workings? I havent been able to pick up a book so knowledge would help greatly ty in advance

carking1996
1GN n00b

Post by carking1996 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm likin the neon. Nice job on the paint.