i just cant do it. keeping the r/t haha

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

i just cant do it. keeping the r/t haha

Post by littleredr/t » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm

so my plans for a built 2.0 dohc spraying on a 125 shot dont seem so exciting to me anymore, so after much thought i have decided to go all motor 2.4.

here is my current set up with some photos of my car as well.

goldline springs, booger bushings,3.0 intake ported and polished intake manifold, solid motor mount inserts,automatic tb, egr block off plates, ac ps pulled all the dumb sensors pulled and a 75 shot with an nx wet system

soon to be on aem cam gears, kirk longtube, windige tray, and 3.94 tranny just waiting for it to get done, and in the works of building my harness bar so i can feel safe in the car not a fan of normal seat belts dont trust them.

anyways here are a few pics of my 98 r/t :D

right now im in the middle of weeling and deal with a guy for a stratus with 117,000 miles for $200 i am praying that he says yes.

and a ? so what brand makes huge long tube headers, i want something similar to the afx with 2 3/4 primaries?
Last edited by littleredr/t on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
98 r/t all motor 2.4 project with some itb's
98 cranberry expresso winter beater

roysneon

Re: done with nitrous going all motor 2.4

Post by roysneon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm

littleredr/t wrote:and a ? so what brand makes huge long tube headers, i want something similar to the afx with 2 3/4 primaries?

Contact Modern. They can make you whatever you want, and coat it for you if you want.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Ill be going the all motor 2.4 route once Im done with my 2.0, I just want to run 13.99s then Ill be happy. good luck with the build. do you think youll be faster than aaron(k20kid)?
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 pm

SloUSDM20 wrote:Ill be going the all motor 2.4 route once Im done with my 2.0, I just want to run 13.99s then Ill be happy. good luck with the build. do you think youll be faster than aaron(k20kid)?
we are not sure yet he is still working on it, he thinks ill beat him and i think he will beat me so we will have to see. i think im going to run him with a 50 shot and see what happens, and i think you could get into the 13's thats what im hopeing for this year but i dought i will get into them i think low 14s maybe 13s is what i will do and im the same way as you if i get a 13.99 i will jumping up and down lol.

and if you are still intrested in the air dam let me know gonna be making some very soon

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Re: done with nitrous going all motor 2.4

Post by littleredr/t » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm

roysneon wrote:
littleredr/t wrote:and a ? so what brand makes huge long tube headers, i want something similar to the afx with 2 3/4 primaries?

Contact Modern. They can make you whatever you want, and coat it for you if you want.
alright awsome thank you very much :D

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Fri May 01, 2009 1:17 pm

so when i get the stratus would i be able to swap my dohc in it?

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:38 pm

so its been a long time since i have said anything about my 2.4 swap. well after 2 days of no sleep its in and running. the motor has 85,xxx miles on it and is really strong. i am hooked on 2.4 now i will never go back to 2.0 as long as i live. i got the motor in and running with in 6 hours and it is quick! i will post some pics up after the weather gets nicer.

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm

littleredr/t wrote:i am hooked on 2.4 now i will never go back to 2.0 as long as i live.
Same here. 2.4>2.0. End of story.

Going to MN meet in Burnsville May 1st? You live in St. Cloud, know Mase?
Last edited by chipdogg on Sun May 02, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 am

that 2.0 engine bay looked nice and clean.
chip i think you meant 2.4>2.0 ;)
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am

chipdogg wrote:
littleredr/t wrote:i am hooked on 2.4 now i will never go back to 2.0 as long as i live.
Same here. 2.4<2.0. End of story.

Going to MN meet in Burnsville May 1st? You live in St. Cloud, know Mase?
yes sir i am great friends with mase and aaron and i will be at the meet wouldn't miss it for the world!!! we got a few people coming from st. cloud should be a great time like always see you there!!!

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:that 2.0 engine bay looked nice and clean.

the 2.4 actually looks so much nicer and cleaner i did a mild wire tuck on the engine harness and i dont have nitrous anymore so no more random wires everywhere haha. i will try and get some pics today someone last night thought it would be cool to throw a beer bottle at another car going down the highway and i happend to be there at the wrong time and now my hood is pretty scratched up cant wait to find them :). i feel a new paint job coming on the best part is they go to the same college as me so i will be looking for a plate number as i get to school tommorow. some people need to get a life.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm

littleredr/t wrote:

the 2.4 actually looks so much nicer and cleaner i did a mild wire tuck on the engine harness and i dont have nitrous anymore so no more random wires everywhere haha. i will try and get some pics today someone last night thought it would be cool to throw a beer bottle at another car going down the highway and i happend to be there at the wrong time and now my hood is pretty scratched up cant wait to find them :). i feel a new paint job coming on the best part is they go to the same college as me so i will be looking for a plate number as i get to school tommorow. some people need to get a life.
sweet im excited to see the pics! were you at the austin mn meet last year? i dont recall you being there. :? i was there with jdt18 and wraith from the org. i picked up some srt4 acr bbs' from maddog that day too 8) did you make it to n2k9? i was there too. :)
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Burnsville Mall meet on Saturday the 1st.
Bring cash and parts to sell/swap, others are doing that too.
You know me

littleredr/t
1GN Registrant

Post by littleredr/t » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:18 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:
littleredr/t wrote:

sweet im excited to see the pics! were you at the austin mn meet last year? i dont recall you being there. :? i was there with jdt18 and wraith from the org. i picked up some srt4 acr bbs' from maddog that day too 8) did you make it to n2k9? i was there too. :)
i was only at the spring meet last year and have never been to an n2k meet, everytime i was gonna go something happened where i couldnt make it cause funds had to get spent on bills, i might be there this year depends on money, now that im back in school im even more broke haha, hope to see you on saturday.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am

dude i recognized your car as we were leaving the meet on the 1st haha i saw that mopar M and was like that looks really familiar... 2.4 engine bay looked good too man. ps i think we are the only neon enthusiast that have stretched ears. what are you at? 3/4ths?
The definition of a NEON