Power swap

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Power swap

Post by afireinside4848 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:01 am

My friends looking to throw me some money for a power windows/lock swap but I gotta know can it be swapped or do you need the whole door?

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:57 am

IMHO it would be easier to just swap doors.

UTA

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:39 am

Don't believe I could find a black two door there.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

yes, it can be done. but in my opinion, if someone has to ask if something can be done, they don't have the ability to do it.

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Ha I've done alot without knowing where to start. I will know what to grab and how to hook up the electrical but I'm just making sure the motors will fit inside the non-power doors. There may be a black 2 door at the jy but idk if he will want to pay for the whole thing. I'll see how it turns out over the weekend.

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:38 pm

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:yes, it can be done. but in my opinion, if someone has to ask if something can be done, they don't have the ability to do it.
Wow, then this world would be absolutely nowhere.

It can be done the only problem that you will really have is just finding a spot to put the switches.
most people just put them by the e-brake or mock up the switches on the actual doors like the ones that do come with power options.
Search .org on it; plenty of info. about it.

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Ok I'll see what he'll do about the switches, maybe he'll get the whole panel. Thanks

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD

yarko
1GN n00b

Post by yarko » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 pm

i just finished the power window swap yesterday,,,literally. I personally bought a parts car with the options. So i used the door panels with the power windows, locks and mirrors. As far as the doors i swapped the motors for the cranks. the power locks and the mirrors. The harness in the doors need to be swapped as well. My car is a 95 highline and to my suprise was 100% prewired. I found a circuit breaker that was empty under the dash, behind the fuse box that was clipped to the steel panel under the steering wheel. i put the 30 amp breaker in there and hooked up the door harness to the body harness (between door and body). BAM!! done!! everything worked. car was all prewired EXCEPT for the circuit breaker they left out of holder. Before you start cutting and splicing, look for these things. Its actually a very easy swap
build it dont buy it, you just feel better about the whole thing