Dang..

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Dang..

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:43 am

Well I had an interview about a week ago about a ticket I had gotten. It was my first ticket. Anyways the interview went great the lady was nice and things went smoothly. She asked why I did what I did and asked me to walk her through what happened. Then I had to sign this thing and write about what i learned and what i planned on doing to prevent things like this from happening in the future. Well she said she was going to sign me off saying that she didn't believe my license should be revoked or any restrictions added. She also said that if i get a letter in the mail in a week or two that it will tell me otherwise... Well as you have probably already guessed it I got the letter :( I opened it and read it. My license is being taken away for a month! :(
I'm so bummed right now because after I got the ticket I stopped speeding all together and no longer drive recklessly. It sucks!! The main thing I'm worried about tho is insurance. Does anyone know what will happen.. I'm sure it will go up but just wondering how much aprox.?
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

superD
1GN Registrant

Post by superD » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:53 am

ALOT depending on what you did. what did you do?

everything i've heard from around here is it doubles depending on severity.
1995 4 door mtx with 96 cam. Booger bushings
1999 turbo coupe putting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag
stuff for sale, MTX swap
Talk of ATXs is prohibited on neons.org, it is blasphemy and will invoke the wrath of the MTX elitests.
superD member #3

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:01 am

try not to flame me on this one.. but i was leaving school and there is a road that merges onto one of the main road where i live.. everyone takes this road to leave school.. anyways there is a stop sign at the end of the side road and NOBODY was going so i passed like 10 cars on the wrong side of the road. i didnt speed and i even stopped at the stop sign lol but the thing is not a single cop saw me do it.. a couple of people reported it to the school's police officer and he pulled me off to the side later that day (we had a dance that i went to and he pulled me away as i was leaving and questioned me) the dumb part was i started off lieing to him about it and he fuckin freaked out and started yellin at me and calling me a pansy and saying that i wasn't telling the truth so i fessed up and told him what happend.. then he tried to say that four people reported me in and they said that i was speeding and blew the stop sign. he let me go and told me i was getting a ticket for unsafe passing only
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:21 am

first ticket and license revoked?doesn't seem right.
And what do you mean interview,with the DA or something?Did you go to court for it?

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

Benjineon04
1GN Registrant

Post by Benjineon04 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:48 am

when i got my first ticket i didn't get it fixed and they considered me a high risk driver and were considering canceling me on their insurance. that was just for speeding like 18 over and i had to get it fixed and it cost a lot. don't be surprised if it atleast doubles or if they even try to cancel it. you're most likely considered a high risk driver

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:55 am

Interview? WTF?

License suspension on first offense? What was the charge?

I guess they are cracking down on teen drivers, can't say I blame them, but not sure about these tactics.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 am

offense was unsafe passing and they interview you at the dmv now.. iowa uses the GDL system
The definition of a NEON

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 am

That's pretty harsh.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:29 am

I never would have confessed to it. They couldnt have done anything to you just off of complaints. They didnt see you do it so they couldnt give you a ticket. That was your mistake. We have a road like yours at my old HS and Ive done that same exact thing once or twice.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

5hadow
1GN Registrant

Post by 5hadow » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 pm

My car insurance still hasn't gone up after 3 tickets (2 speeding and 1 no OPS on person (reduced from a violation of restrictions charge)). Pretty soon I'll have another violation of restrictions charge on my record. My first ticket was in November of '06.

I don't think they're going to ever find out unless I change my policy. I don't think I'll ever change insurance companies because they usually check right when you apply for a policy or whatever.

Benjineon04
1GN Registrant

Post by Benjineon04 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah thats how they found out about mine. It was 2 years after the ticket and i changed policies.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:36 pm

:( i cant pay for expensive insurance!! man.. im going to try and ask for an appeal.. and honestly i really wish i wouldve lied.. the cop is a complete dick tho and he wasn't even intiminating.. i just kinda figured i would be better off confessing and having a clear consuious(sp) .. now that i think about it i really wouldnt have felt bad about it at all.. but still do you think if i took it to court and tried to fight it four people would stand up pretty damn well..
The definition of a NEON

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 pm

yeah prob double for you...for the next three years too.
-Lugo-

Jordan2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jordan2.4 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote::( i cant pay for expensive insurance!! man.. im going to try and ask for an appeal.. and honestly i really wish i wouldve lied.. the cop is a complete dick tho and he wasn't even intiminating.. i just kinda figured i would be better off confessing and having a clear consuious(sp) .. now that i think about it i really wouldnt have felt bad about it at all.. but still do you think if i took it to court and tried to fight it four people would stand up pretty damn well..
You think they saved the information from the people who called in? The police don't give a flying fuck..the cop new he could get you to confess so thats what he did. Where in the hell do you live at anyway that they can mail you tickets and bring you in for an interview? I have never heard of shit like that in my life. I have done some pretty bad things to other drivers and only once had a cop pull me over because somone reported me. He told me when he walked up to the car that there was really nothing he could do because He didn't witness me do it. It was my word against the other drivers. I learned a long time ago that police and the court system in general will do and say anything the may not be true to get there way or to get someone to confess to anything. If law enforcment ever aproaches me about anything the first and only words out of my mouth will be "I would like to call my attorney." It is your right as a citizen to keep your mouth shut to not incriminate your self.

On a side note...all of this is a good thing, get it out while your young and try not to act stupid anymore. Learn from your mistake. It is all fun and games until someone ends up dead or you wind up in Jail. Niether or worth it, listen to me I know from expearience.
Jordan
sweetcorn_w00t wrote:
Now you can tell me that I've failed at life, I'm gay, and that my dad should have pulled when he pushed; since you won't be able to think of anything else.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm

i live in iowa.. and the thing is is that he pulled me aside after a school dance and said that people described my car (easy to do since i have alteza tails) and described me.. he said four people but idk if that was just a bsing number or what.. and im never going to confess to anything ever again.. its a waste of a ton of fucking money and i already started to drive properly but now it feels like it doesnt even fuckin matter anymore.. :lol: i know where the cop lives too :D not going to say anything on these forums but i wouldnt mind having a little fun with him :D and i didnt get the ticket in the mail i got it when i talked to him after the dance i attended.. i need to remember to plea the mother fuckin fif! lol
The definition of a NEON