Cold Air Intake Question

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
Red97
1GN Registrant

Cold Air Intake Question

Post by Red97 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 am

I want a cold air intake for my car, but the only one that says it's compatable with an automatic transmission is the K&N CAI. I want one that won't cover up half my engine! I wish I had a 5-speed, but as they say "Run What you Brung". Any suggestions??
If at first you don't succeed, you're about average!!

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:25 am

search 3.0 intake......
SuperCharged SOHC http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 am

swap in a 5 speed
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:16 pm

3.0L intakes are dangerous... I never suggest mounting your intake any lower than the stock location in a neon if you don't want to suck in water.
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:06 pm

APN wrote:3.0L intakes are dangerous... I never suggest mounting your intake any lower than the stock location in a neon if you don't want to suck in water.
Ive never had a problem with mine. I dont think the many other people who have done it had any problems either.
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:28 pm

APN wrote:3.0L intakes are dangerous... I never suggest mounting your intake any lower than the stock location in a neon if you don't want to suck in water.
either dont be a moron and drive through a small pond, or just stick with the warm air factory intake.....
SuperCharged SOHC http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:35 pm

hydrolock ftl..
ive never had a problem with mine..
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:12 pm

Actually, more people than you think have hydrolocked their motors... Just because they don't post here doesn't mean it didn't happen.
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...

SuperGus
1GN Registrant

Post by SuperGus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:56 am

I have an unmodified Iceman on my Neon and so does my friend Jeff. Last summer we got caught in a sudden storm when we were out cruising. It rained so hard so fast that there was about 4 inches of water on the road in 5 minutes. We were flying down the streets trying to make it to Jeffs garage and neither of us had any problems with sucking in water. As said before, unless you plan on driving through a small pond, there is nothing wrong with changing the position of your intake as long as you are careful.

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:38 am

rain season switch back to stock w/ k&n filter
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

infil

Post by infil » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:51 pm

FWIW i ran for 3 years on my first neon w/ an iceman w/ 0 problems, hydrolocked my current one on the street w/ an aem however it took water up over the hood and alot of stupidity to hydrolock it.
Infil <--click
AMSOIL, Technical Auto Group, S.I. J&V Tools
Fast Times Performance 2002 Subaru WRX 2.5, 11.936@113.18
95 All Motor Neon
13.958@96.99
SOHC - ALL MOTOR - STOCK BLOCK

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Im sorry all i heard was blah blah blah blah, nothing personal but if it was so dangerous then why have so many people done it. plus if hes got an auto he doenst have to worry that much casue the filter isnt going down to far

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:13 pm

wickedgoodneon wrote:
Im sorry all i heard was blah blah blah blah, nothing personal but if it was so dangerous then why have so many people done it. plus if hes got an auto he doenst have to worry that much casue the filter isnt going down to far
blah blah blah? Many people do it because many people don't think of the consequences, or they think "It'll never happen to me!" It's the same thing I thought when I installed mine. Accidents happen, and they can happen to anybody.

If you're willing to take the risks and pay the costs if something does end up happening to you or your car, be my guest, but if and when it does happen, don't come crying to anybody after you've been repeatedly warned.
APN wrote:

pHrEaK
1GN Registrant

Post by pHrEaK » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Ive never had a problem with mine. I dont think the many other people who have done it had any problems either.[/quote]

Nope, never had a problem with mine, and I drove it on a 200mile trip in a thunderstorm once :D

pHrEaK
1GN Registrant

Post by pHrEaK » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 pm

SuperGus wrote:I have an unmodified Iceman on my Neon and so does my friend Jeff. Last summer we got caught in a sudden storm when we were out cruising. It rained so hard so fast that there was about 4 inches of water on the road in 5 minutes. We were flying down the streets trying to make it to Jeffs garage and neither of us had any problems with sucking in water. As said before, unless you plan on driving through a small pond, there is nothing wrong with changing the position of your intake as long as you are careful.
Word