1996 Coupe MTX

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:22 pm

AWESOME!!!

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm

Okay for now I put a canister Muffler on the car, but before actually putting it on I pulled out all of the fiberglass stuffing inside. So it's pretty much a hollow tube that looks like a muffler now.... REALLY LOUD!!!

I also ordered a set of K-Sport lowering springs which should be here sometime this week. Planning on Saturday to put them on. And as soon as I get the rest of the turbo stuff I'll get that on too...

I hope to have the car pretty well close to done for the Summer Nationals in August so I can enter it in the Mopar class.... Just for show off not really a judging class, but the drag races through town are alot of fun and the cops won't do shit about it that for weekend ....!!!!!

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 am

Lowering springs are done and work awesome. Not as harsh of a ride as I would of expected and definately much better handling. I have to replace the upper mount for one of the rears though 'cause my brother broke a bolt off...!!! But other than that all went pretty well.....I'll keep ya posted for the turbo kit.....

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Fri May 25, 2007 2:08 am

I have now relocated the battery to the trunk to make room for the Intercooler piping, and for the time being put a 3.0 intake on it. I notice with the 3.0 on there the exhaust note seems to be deeper for some reason...? Maybe some day soon I'll get enough days off in a row to put the turbo kit IN the car.....

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Fri May 25, 2007 9:08 am

What kind of wire did you use to relocate the battery? How much did it cost?
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:01 pm

racyneon wrote:What kind of wire did you use to relocate the battery? How much did it cost?
x2

and when you do the udp could you do a how to on it? that would be awesome!! and for rims i would personally keep them at about 15in.. but 16's would still look good.. any ideas on what kind of rims your going to get? other than that should b pretty sweet ride good luck on the build man
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Sat May 26, 2007 8:53 pm

The wires I used are actually a set of 12FT. Jumpercables that were the same gauge as the battery wires. I cut off the clamp ends and put terminals for the battery on the one end and then spliced and soldered the other side under the hood to the original wires. It was REALLY easy this way. I bought a new battery and a battery box to mount in the trunk. The battery was about $75, the box was $8, the cables were $16, and the terminals were $3 for the pair. Without the battery your lookin at around $30.

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:51 am

Put on the turbo kit but I have some bugs to work out. I have custom done the exhaust with a glasspack and side exit which sounds great. I have also now painted the dash board and put in a dual gaugepod cluster on the "A" pillar with the Boost and A/F meter.