no start, one for the books

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
mirandaneon
Fresh Fish

no start, one for the books

Post by mirandaneon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 pm

i dont know if ths is the plce to post or not cause saw some weird topics in the list but neway here it goes. i have recent moved on from dodge forum cause no one could or would help i dunno, and my car has been to 2 different shops with no luck. it is now in shop 3 and there saying I need to com pick it up.

i have a 95 dodge neon sohc atx. out of no where it started acting like a missfire. tested coil it wasnt firing cyl4. so i changed out coil with my other neon no start. put new coil in from store no start. so i started testing round. it was firing my plugs. replaced cam/crank sensor. nothing. fuel pressure 48lbs, new plugs, still nothing took to shop number one they ran compression got 125 134 142 and 132. they said that it was fine. so they checked timing, timing s fine. used fsm no start guide. all the coil wires are doing there thing. time for shop number 2. they rerun everything cel comes on says IAC. replace iac nothing happens. it just cranks and cranks the run ohmmeter to test wires wires all fine. say its gotta be the computer. cant find 95 computer and so we move onto shop 3 shop 3 reruns all no start tests, everything checks out once again. the shop owner calls me tells me car should start and he cant tell me why it wont. now its a week later and he says he cant find anything out why it wont start. he says he has changed the gas and oil and he is stumped i said the computer than he said that since the neon came out he has yet to see a computer go bad so he calls dealer dealer says same thing and that computer wouldnt cause this issue and that if the coil wires are doing what fsm says they should that computer is good. he can test it but he needs whole car plus 160 shop says it gonna cost 110 to tow it 80 miles away to dealer. i paid 350 for car, and have spent 1100 in shop fee alone last month so now i ask what should i check next???????