eclipse/neon.

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
roysneon

Post by roysneon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 pm

nuklhed074 wrote:
Ghost Neon wrote:Why are coilovers mandatory for a boosted car?
front wheel drive handles like crap

uhhhh....Yeah.

A cheap set of coilovers isn't going to turn your car into a Rolex DP car.

Also, Charger had a good point, what are you going to do for a thermostat housing with the intake not made for your car?

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 pm

not sure yet i have looked fully into it its jus a suggetion people get off my back forums are for advice not to criticize ill figure iot out and if its a problem them ill mod mine or find another to mod. and cheap i dont know about you..but k-sport pros or bc's arent exactly cheap and yes they will improve the handling
My sohc runs good mid 15s should i do dohc?

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm

so even though its a constant fight here it seems like. i like the feedback im getting curious....is the waterneck on the dohc connected to the intake?id look but mine is a sohc and my dohc is about 15 minutes away without a car thats a long walk lol

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:09 pm

K-sport and BC are both lower end coilovers. $1000+ may be a lot of money to most of us, but it's still a low price for a full coilover system, and the quality of these systems is also not the best you're going to find.

The DOHC manifold has the waterneck cast into it. You could get a spare DOHC manifold, have the waterneck cut off and the hole covered with sheet aluminum, or use parts from a PT/SRT/Cloud car. There's lots of info on the internet about doing this.

As far as everything being a constant fight, when you ask for advice, you may not always like what you hear. If you are dead set on doing something, then don't bother asking if it will work, or is a good idea.

I'm honestly trying to help.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 am

nuklhed074 wrote:so even though its a constant fight here it seems like. i like the feedback im getting curious....is the waterneck on the dohc connected to the intake?id look but mine is a sohc and my dohc is about 15 minutes away without a car thats a long walk lol

Copying and pasting all your replies on here and the big .org doesn't help either.

Neither does crying about not having any money, but wanting to do $2,000 worth of work to a car. Everyone has been there and done that, nothing new.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

98yoda
1GN Registrant

Post by 98yoda » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

And seriously, just buy neon parts. It's been done before and people can help you a lot easier. And it will be even cheaper cause you won't have to mod.
98 Neon Coupe - SOLD
98 Neon Coupe - 2.4 DOHC MTX :rockon:
2004 Neon SXT - ATX
:mopar:

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm

exactly been done before why do the same ole routine. and have a car jus like someone else and ksport is a good brand pro drifters and auto crossers run ksport pros. and as for crying? i was only making a point not crying if you wanna be anass jus dont post on the thread its that easy to just ignore.posting on the other org is my choice and i believe it will help cause not all the same people get on the same forum.

98yoda
1GN Registrant

Post by 98yoda » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Well to end it, neon parts will be cheaper cause you don't have to mod, and saying no ones done it, to something about an engine is just weird. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should. But seriously if your going exhaust manifold off of an eclipse, an aftermarket 420a turbo one will work with custom parts, an aftermarket regular eclipse manifold won't because it wraps around the engine. Now the eclipse intake goes up instead of down like the neon because there in the back and have more room, it will fit on the neon but you would have to cut a hole in the hood for fitment. I'm not argueing with anybody I'm just saying its cheaper and you said you were on a budget.
98 Neon Coupe - SOLD
98 Neon Coupe - 2.4 DOHC MTX :rockon:
2004 Neon SXT - ATX
:mopar:

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 pm

98yoda wrote:Well to end it, neon parts will be cheaper cause you don't have to mod, and saying no ones done it, to something about an engine is just weird. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should. But seriously if your going exhaust manifold off of an eclipse, an aftermarket 420a turbo one will work with custom parts, an aftermarket regular eclipse manifold won't because it wraps around the engine. Now the eclipse intake goes up instead of down like the neon because there in the back and have more room, it will fit on the neon but you would have to cut a hole in the hood for fitment. I'm not argueing with anybody I'm just saying its cheaper and you said you were on a budget.
i agree with you and appreciate the thought but buy cutting and shorting the runners i can make it straight like it needs to be. i only wanted suggestions im not saying im going to do it jus the thought seems good. with the feedback ive gotten has made me look at it from another point of view and i will probably change my mind. appreciate it guys

NeonsRule24
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonsRule24 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm

hey i was wondering the same thing but with an avenger head. id read up also that the avenger has the 420a just head is reversed can i swap the while motor into my neon? just asking because if it wont i dont want to spend the money on something that wont work
1999 2 door Dodge Neon - daily driver
1983 ford thunderbird turbo coupe - project

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Don't swap a eclipse or avenger motor to a neon. Neons made 10 more HP then the eclipse 420a, probably because of the efficiency of the head set up such as the neon exhaust manifold flows straight out and straight back, not down and under.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 am

you want different? Get All Motor Mike to make you custom manifolds. You want cheap but at the same time you want different. You can't do both
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Wanna go fast on a shoestring budget?
Do like I did with my other Neon.
Second-hand Pacesetter header, major weight redux, cat delete with bigger piping, straight-through muffler, Eibach Sportlines on KYB GR-2's, ghetto hand-made CAI.
Mods must have cost me less than $500 all in.

When done the car kicked some Group N racecar ass in a sanctioned motorsport event:

UTA

Shanks
1GN Registrant

Post by Shanks » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:27 am

a eclipse 420a intake WILL NOT fit a neon 420a only the bottom mounting part. in theory it would bolt up but the top part would not clear the hood that alone is a reason to forget about it.
the eclipse and neon 420a are someone the same but the eclipse comes with more top end. they have no bottom end as we do.

if you wondering how i know i have both cars and a 4g63 talon. and ive tried lol.