oil pressure sensor

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

oil pressure sensor

Post by chrono_killa » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:14 pm

can i get a picture of where it is located
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm

I think this is what your talking about

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:28 pm

where u get that picture from?
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:11 pm

i think i found it, it has oil and grease caked all over it, its leaking oil like a mofo, so is my valve cover too

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:01 pm

www.alldatadiy.com I forgot how much it cost but it is like $10 or $14 a year. it has all kinds of info and diagrams defiantly worth the money if you work on your own car,(cheaper than buying the garage service Manuel)

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:58 pm

I believe the plug for the sensor is also Green in color...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:16 am

so, can you plug an aftermarket sensor in there?

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 pm

You can't plug an aftermarket sensor into the factory plug, but you can use that location to mount a sender for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge using the correct NPT adapter.

Usually the oil pressure sender doesn't leak, but it is directly under the area where oil will leak out if you have a bad headgasket. Your stock oil pressure sensor (it's actually just a switch, not technically a sender) can trigger an oil light if your headgasket is bad and leaking oil, that was how i was made aware of my headgasket problem when it went.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

TomZ
1GN Registrant

Post by TomZ » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:18 pm

There's some how-to info on the .org about this. The best way is to make a tee, so you can keep the stock sender/light and the aftermarket sender. That's how my 2GN is set up.
'95 ACR Coupe, 14.366 @ 94.57 MPH Bolt-ons and weight redux (Built 2.4 needs final assembly)
'02 ES Magnum swap, Comp 200 Cam, ACR suspension, bolt ons.
'00 Chrysler LE (Fiancee's) Stock, 1GN R/T rims

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:14 pm

I eliminated my stock sender (and thus oil light) when I added an oil pressure gauge. The oil light comes on at such low pressure it is basically useless IMO. It's all a matter of preference, either can be done.

I have an almost new oil press. sender for a '97 if anyone needs one. lol
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 pm

is it 1/8 NPT? cause i have a sender in the 1/8 NPT plug in my head, but its not as good as the block, so if i can move it to the block and get a more accurate reading that would be sweet

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Back of the block you'll have to use a 3/8" to 1/8" NPT adapter.

And like Vinny said, the stock sender (which is only a switch) is near useless anyway with how low the pressure must get before the light comes on. You can do the T connection but it seems more of a PITA than it's worth as the oil light won't come on once it's unplugged.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:37 am

I have heard one person claim that a missing oil pressure sender triggered a CEL on their first gen, but I did not experience this on my own car nor have most others.