2 door with power windows... pain in the ass

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...

good idea? bad idea?

good idea?
20%
bad idea?
80%

Total votes: 5

78jdg87
1GN n00b

2 door with power windows... pain in the ass

Post by 78jdg87 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:41 am

So I've got a 98 2 door DOHC ATX (yea... i know) with power windows. i got the car for pretty cheap considering it had a touch over 100k on the odometer. Mostly got it so cheap because it needed some cosmetics... well alot of cosmetics. Including some rather humorous things like a front turn left turn signal that extended about 3 inches in front of my headlight and a headliner that looks like it came outta the episode of scrubs where JD opens the can of root beer that rolled around the floor of Dr. Cox's Porsche 911 for 3 weeks. Anyways the door panels are total trash. the drivers side is actually a manual door panel with the window controls laced through the hole. So I'm just saying screw it. the window controls are being relocated to the center console so the door panels can be replaced with easier to find manual door panels that are slightly altered. Would be glad to hear if anyone has done anything like this or just what everyone thinks of this idea.
1998 Dodge Neon 2dr. DOHC
Wide body flares, AIR Projector Headlights, Option Racing Tail lights, Custom Exaggerated lip kit, SXT rear spoiler

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 am

I've toyed with the idea of the power window switches in the place of the coin holder in the center consol. all you really have to do is run the wires for the drivers switch back through to the center and tap the passenger side wiring before it goes into the door. better have a fsm or it would be a real pain in the @$$!!! The thing I really want to do is make my rear windows power!!

78jdg87
1GN n00b

Post by 78jdg87 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 am

I'm glad i don't have to worry about that... though making a neon into a pillarless coupe where all the windows go down sounds pretty cool
1998 Dodge Neon 2dr. DOHC
Wide body flares, AIR Projector Headlights, Option Racing Tail lights, Custom Exaggerated lip kit, SXT rear spoiler