Why the Neon is a driver's car

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Why the Neon is a driver's car

Post by BlueR/T » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:53 pm

I've owned 3 cars, and I have driven almost 70 different makes and models, yet with all the sports cars, luxury sedans and race cars that I've driven, I still keep coming back to the Neon, the reason why became obvious to me while i was driving a Acura Integra Type R. I felt disconnected from the car, almost as if I was playing a video game. I've had the same feeling while driving other cars, even the SRT-4. When I get into my Neon and start the engine, I can feel the the engine through the steering wheel, the gears and synchros through the shifter, I have total control of the clutch. The car feels like an extention of my body, it reacts almost to my will, a hard right turn is just as natural as turning my head or looking right with my eyes. When driving i become one with the car. I have never felt this in any other car, just the neon. Other cars make me feel detached from the driving experiance, as if i was just a passenger with control, but the neon is like putting on a shirt, you know its not natural, but it becomes a part of you anyways. In our modern age of drive-by-wire and electronic steering that connection between the driver and the car is dissappearing, yet that feeling of total control and natural reaction will continue to live on in the Neon and its owner.

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:50 pm

Like a go-kart with better steering :D
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

infil

Post by infil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:17 am

hmm, only time i really feel my car...something broke :p
Infil <--click
AMSOIL, Technical Auto Group, S.I. J&V Tools
Fast Times Performance 2002 Subaru WRX 2.5, 11.936@113.18
95 All Motor Neon
13.958@96.99
SOHC - ALL MOTOR - STOCK BLOCK

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:17 pm

I completely agree. Getting into my new Neon today, after not driving one for over a year, was just like putting on my favorite pair of old jeans. It fit like a glove. Everything was comfortable, and right where it should be.... I Love It.

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:07 am

bad choice of discontinuing them
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:53 am

shoot man i love my car! i have driven a few others and i will confess, there is none other like a neon. it just has great feelings when u are drivin around. u can feel the road or when u arent and slipping, a very vocal car. yet it also bites back when u dont care for it too, a great combo imo.
-Lugo-

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>