Why dose every one hate on neons?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
blue_streak95
1GN Registrant

Post by blue_streak95 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:24 am

same thing happend to me in my riced out 97 neon i had a year back. I was parked in a no parking lane, when i came back had a ticked and on the ticket it read dodge speed demon. LOL. Due to the fact that i had little emblems on both front fenders saying speed demon andi debadged the car. Took it to the town and said im sorry i do not own a dodge speed demon and that car dosnt even exist they ripped up the ticket lol. Even though it was onlu 25 bucks lol. :)
95 MTX Neon- Project car in progress!

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:18 am

mahifish wrote:My friends give me shit for having a neon all the time. I wasnt too thrilled when I frst got it either, but in the end its not a bad car at all.
LOL same here.
I'm faster than them tho ;)
Love Redline Shifting......

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 am

The neon isn't a very impressive car in the public eye. It's an unreliable girls car.

Enthusiasts don't like them because every other neon you see is a riced out pile of shit. Most neon owners are teenagers who throw on fart cans, neon lights, wings, and hideous body kits. Its not too often when you find a fast, clean neon.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 am

Am I the only one who actually wanted a Neon in the first place ?!?

UTA

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:27 am

no man I have always liked my car.
It was first owned by a riend of mine, and I bought it from him.

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:18 am

I realy liked the look and potential of the Neon, and becose it has a bad reputation its pretty cheep..

Im probably the one who payd most for my neon 5500$ Cars are kind of expensive in Norway,, well actually everything is...

mtownneon
1GN Registrant

Post by mtownneon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Being a long time Mopar guy, Mopar hate is nothing new. I've been listening to folk tell me everything that is wrong with Chrysler Products and how Brand X,Y,or Z is superior for decades.

I chalk it up to insecurity on the basher's part. With cars. like a lot of things, there becomes a herd mentality which equates popular with good. Along with that comes the need to validate their choices by belittling anyone or anything that doesn't fit into their view of things.

McDonalds is the most popular restraunt chain in the world, but do they serve the best food?

IMO, real gear heads appreciate anything that has potential and those are the only folk to pay any attention to. Why even pay any attention some lemming who only drives what he drives because
"it's what everyone drives".

Have fun with your Neons because they're what they are, quick, fun, tough little cars that can be had on the cheap. Because you like them.
Indy Region SCCA
#9 ITA Neon Coupe
2009 IndySCCA Assistant Regional Executive and Solo Co-Chair

www.performancedrivenllc.com

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 pm

mtownneon wrote:Being a long time Mopar guy, Mopar hate is nothing new. I've been listening to folk tell me everything that is wrong with Chrysler Products and how Brand X,Y,or Z is superior for decades.

I chalk it up to insecurity on the basher's part. With cars. like a lot of things, there becomes a herd mentality which equates popular with good. Along with that comes the need to validate their choices by belittling anyone or anything that doesn't fit into their view of things.

McDonalds is the most popular restraunt chain in the world, but do they serve the best food?

IMO, real gear heads appreciate anything that has potential and those are the only folk to pay any attention to. Why even pay any attention some lemming who only drives what he drives because

Have fun with your Neons because they're what they are, quick, fun, tough little cars that can be had on the cheap. Because you like them.
AMEN :!: :!:
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

moparJoshR34
1GN Registrant

Post by moparJoshR34 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:06 pm

hhhaaa lol lol
Mopar or No Car.

Jordan2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jordan2.4 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:25 pm

uta_flyinghigh wrote:Am I the only one who actually wanted a Neon in the first place ?!?

UTA
I have loved them ever since my boy scout master raced them in SCCA when I was a wee lad. The poster he had of his race car on 3 wheels still gives me the chills. I always loved to look of the cross hair front ends too....my 99 r/t is the closest thing I can afford to a blue an white striped viper gts, lol.
Jordan
sweetcorn_w00t wrote:
Now you can tell me that I've failed at life, I'm gay, and that my dad should have pulled when he pushed; since you won't be able to think of anything else.

sandstone
1GN Registrant

Post by sandstone » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:02 am

mtownneon wrote:Being a long time Mopar guy, Mopar hate is nothing new. I've been listening to folk tell me everything that is wrong with Chrysler Products and how Brand X,Y,or Z is superior for decades.

I agree. Back when I was in high school in the late '70s, lotsa people in my school belittled Mopars, saying that Mopar stands for Most Our Parts Are Rejected. I've owned no other brand of cars since then, so Mopar or No Car!

RedRocket
1GN Registrant

Post by RedRocket » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:03 am

ubengineering wrote:cavaliers and sunfires are way worse, compared to both 1st and 2nd gens, civics have like 24 models per year so theres no comparing anything,

mostly cause kids can get a hold of one easy and rice the shit out of it, i think one out of every three neons i see has a wing, fart can, and wheel covers
i believe this is a tru staement
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. aha

RedRocket
1GN Registrant

Post by RedRocket » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 am

i remember when i first saw my neon, i was looking to buy a car and my posp n i saw it and he said thats gonna be our first car, i laughed and i sai i dont want the p.o.s, being a die hard honda guy since my father and i built up the civic all i wanted was a honda, plus the neon did no justice being for sale in front of a meinikie for over a year, but when judgement day came got off the bus from work and there it was, in front of my crib... disappointment was the feeling.

but soon after reading up on it and finding neon enthusiast and websites liek this one made me appriciate my car. plus not for nothing i can eat civics now on a stock engine lol
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. aha

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:41 am

I think it is safe to say that I (for that matter everybody in here with a MTX) will smoke EVERY STOCK civic. off course not the new ones but let's say up untill 1998.

The Civic VTI (160 pk, 150 nm) is about just as fast as my Neon tho most of the time I am in front of them juuuuust a little.

Then again I have to say another VTI smoked my ass a few days ago.. but that one was far from stock.

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 am

Don't make me take my EJ8 up to AMS and make you eat your words ;)

UTA