HELP PLZ!

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
Colo-neon
1GN n00b

HELP PLZ!

Post by Colo-neon » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:46 am

I have a 98 sohc replaced fuel pump and now she is stalling for a few sec every once n a while when im "driving only". runs great in when parked revs fine idles great .noticed it dose it more on a hard left turn. i repaired the engine wire harness . no luck on that one still doing it :cry: put a new beefy ground from batt to radiator support no luck :cry: drove it to parts store an had it checked for codes n got p0351. im super frustrated with it .as i have droped tank about six times already with a 1/2 tank ,and went over the wire harness twice im talk n every wire in it end to end :? oh n as far as the fuel pump it was a no name ebay 20$ special with no new wires pump only w/sock repair kit and the stock wires were not looking so great so me be n me i pulled the pins out of the connector and clamped a new wire on em and put new pump connectors on the new wire call me crazy but i think that is the issue i hope input?

Bad97sohc
1GN n00b

Re: HELP PLZ!

Post by Bad97sohc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 pm

I know you you got the eBay pump to save some money maybe but that eBay pump could very well be your problem. I love my Walbro 255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump I got from modern performance. It was 99.00 plus shipping you would have to take your old pump apart to put this pump in your stock pump holder. If your not comfortable doing all of that then I would get a good pump from Napa O'Reilly's. I wouldn't get one from Auto Zone cause I was a shift manager there for 4 years and 85% of there electric stuff is trash and there rebuild electrical stuff isn't even tested before they send it out.
97 SOHC with a DOHC ATX iceman intake TTI longtube header underdrive pulley crane cams #14 AF/X Race Computer 10.5 DOHC pistons and a flowmaster. Coming this spring MTX swap new Syked ECU and a full make over on my 2.0 SOHC or do a 2.4 swap MTX and the 2.4 Sykes 2.4 ECU