back for more

Welcome to 1GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
thisned
1GN n00b

back for more

Post by thisned » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 am

This is my third 1gn and I am a long time lurker, DIY guy. Figured it was time to get involved when I picked up a 97 red base SOHC 3.55 with only 69k on it.

the bad - has some clear coat fade, a burn hole in driver's seat and a little tear in the passengers sun visor... its a base model-- 0 options stock stereo

the good - factory white powder coated bubble wheels off an Expresso, K&N drop in air filter and a muffler off a DOHC came with the car

I have done a basic garage tune-up, new Champion plugs, checked seals, etc. Changed oil with 0w30.

I replaced the factory speakers with some kenwoods, and I have an LED system wired through the dome for extra awesome.

Plans? always! looking for a good pair of SRT-4 front seats first, STS, booger bushings, poly mounts, solid transmission bobble, poly bushings, rear disc conversion.

The dream? finding a good DOHC motor and swapping the heads to build a NA motor and a boosted motor.