hi.

Welcome to 1GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

hi.

Post by tradethedead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm

making the switch, to yet another 1st gen. haha. i sold my last one to get into the volkswagen scene.

here is my old neon:

Image

and this is what i just got rid of:

1999 vw jetta:
-lowered on rokkor coilovers
-17x8.5 front, 17x9.5 +56 corvette sawblades
-38mm adapters all the way around, final offset was +18 front and rear.
-tires were nankang ns1 sport
front was 215/40/17, rears 215/45/17

sittin about 3" off the ground. broken oil pans all day ftw.

Image

Image


not looking for anything crazy. just simple stuff.
hopefully i can get back into another 95 sedan.
plans:
bc racing coilovers.
miro stp-1 wheels. (hopefully 16x7.5)
possibility of a dual cam head swap.
big turbo.



:D
i know alot about offset and tire sizes, if anybody cares to know.
nice to meet you guys.
Last edited by tradethedead on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Welcome, I'm semi-new to the site. I have a 97 DOHC 5 speed coupe. I love it =D
Image
Image

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:39 pm

2drSRT4 wrote:Welcome, I'm semi-new to the site. I have a 97 DOHC 5 speed coupe. I love it =D
nice to meet you!

Gim H3ll
1GN Registrant
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Akron,Ohio

Post by Gim H3ll » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

welcome to the site and i might take u up on info on wheels and stuff.
1998 4dr SOHC neon Iceman intake

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Gim H3ll wrote:welcome to the site and i might take u up on info on wheels and stuff.
no problemo! i always enjoy helping. =]

Gim H3ll
1GN Registrant
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Akron,Ohio

Post by Gim H3ll » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:07 pm

well wats a good size rim thats larger then factory but wont affect turning or anything? i really wanna get ride of my steelies for summer
1998 4dr SOHC neon Iceman intake

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Gim H3ll wrote:well wats a good size rim thats larger then factory but wont affect turning or anything? i really wanna get ride of my steelies for summer
pics of said car, and wheel specs?
i cant seem to remember the factory specs for them at the moment. =P haha.

it all depends on how aggressive you want to get. if you are super dumped, and want lots of poke, you would try and go with a much lower offset, thats for sure.

if you have the 14x5.5 et40? (forgot the offset) then maybe a 16x7.5 with maybe a ~20 offset would be more fitting.

with that being said, if you are not low, you will have massive wheel gap, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. haha.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 pm

If you have the factory 185/65 R14s then some 195/60 R14s would fit fine
Image
Image

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 pm

2drSRT4 wrote:If you have the factory 185/65 R14s then some 195/60 R14s would fit fine
he was asking for wheel size, not tire size.


but, who wants oem anyways?

User avatar
uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:26 am
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:13 am

Hi and welcome!

Why didn't you get both? I also have a '00 Jetta lowered on coilovers (amongst other things), the Neon is the daily hahahahaa.

UTA
Image

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

uta_flyinghigh wrote:Hi and welcome!

Why didn't you get both? I also have a '00 Jetta lowered on coilovers (amongst other things), the Neon is the daily hahahahaa.

UTA
my jetta was broken, figures. hahaha.

it was cheaper to sell it. but i broke even with the bank, so i gotta wait a little bit to buy a neon.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:56 pm

tradethedead wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:If you have the factory 185/65 R14s then some 195/60 R14s would fit fine
he was asking for wheel size, not tire size.


but, who wants oem anyways?
Duh! I knew that I was just testing you =P

I have factory wheels :oops:
Image
Image

User avatar
tradethedead
1GN n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Utah

Post by tradethedead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

2drSRT4 wrote:
tradethedead wrote:
2drSRT4 wrote:If you have the factory 185/65 R14s then some 195/60 R14s would fit fine
he was asking for wheel size, not tire size.


but, who wants oem anyways?
Duh! I knew that I was just testing you =P

I have factory wheels :oops:
i had factory wheels on my vw..... corvette factory wheels. =P

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Lol did you? That's funny! I've seen Corvette rims put onto Camaros and Firebirds, I used to hang out around 3rdgen.org all the time because I was a big 3rd gen camaro/firebird fan. Corvette rims were very popular on those cars.
Image
Image

User avatar
metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:12 pm
Location: Cincinnati, oh

Post by metal_gear_jon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Welcome!!!!!


The Vette wheel thing on Vdubs is kinda common right? There's a dark blue Turbo'd Jetta in the Cincy area with just about the same setup.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
Image
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

Post Reply