downstream O2 Sensor simulator.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

downstream O2 Sensor simulator.

Post by vielecustoms » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:14 pm

First off I did this to my car. I am not responsible for you if you attempt this.. also, sorry about some of the pics are a little blurry.

Parts needed[u
1 - Mohm resistor
1 - 1µF capacitor
wire
Soldering iron
solder
Electrical tape
*film canister (I used this to hold the simulator and to keep it dry you can use whatever)

1.) get your supplys and your old o2 sensor

2.) cut your wire. I stripped the end then cut another section and slid the caseing up.

3.)Now Solder in your resistor and capacitor

4.) tape up each side so nothing can touch and ground out.

5.) poke some holes in your film can (or make a place for the wires in whatever you use)

6.) Feed the wires through the holes in the film can and put the simulator insidethe film can ( you may have to tweak a little to make it fit)

7.) Tape up film can (to keep water out)

8.) now get out your O2 sensor! the white wires are your heater (DO NOT CUT THESE!!!) you will be cutting the black and grey (signal wires) (yours may be diffrent so double check) than splice your simulator in to the side connected to the plug. (the sensor side is now dead so you can tape it or leave it)

9.) tape up and you are done!

I use this with a hallow cat and have had no problems for over 100 miles :gears: [/u]

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:25 pm

so you did this for what reason ? To keep codes out or what? I'm assuming it makes the PCM think that there is one there when it doesn't work or is faulty?

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:16 am

I did this because the cat was plugged up. so I cleaned out the catylest and this is to keep the codes from coming up. I am putting a complete exaust system in come spring.. but I figured anyone running with out a cat may find it useful.

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Im gonna try this some time. Im tired of always seeing my cel light up for this reason.
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm

What do you mean you had no problems for over 100 miles? Did it stop working after 100 miles?
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 pm

racyneon wrote:What do you mean you had no problems for over 100 miles? Did it stop working after 100 miles?
He probably means that it has been driven with for over one-hundred miles and there have been no problems so far.
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:53 am

I drove only 100 miles at that point now I am up to 1000 still no cel

Whodini
1GN Registrant

Post by Whodini » Thu May 24, 2007 6:29 am

can we have an update on this? i am thinking about trrying this. was wondering if you still have no cel light yet with this installed
~96 Plymouth Neon 2 Door Coupe ~A Little Show & A Little Go~

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 am

no I don't have a CEL......

But... I haven't been driving due to a HG falure this winter (hopefully get it back together by next week so I can get some more test data for ya) :lol:

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 am

I hollowed out my cat and ran the O2 sensor perfectly fine. I had a CEL almost daily for about 2 weeks but then it never happened again. Hasn't happened since to my knowledge.... I no longer have the car but the guy who does hasn't had any problems.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri May 25, 2007 6:26 am

if your car is running right it really doesn't need all that emissions crap most cars burn pretty clean. Its there for those people who don't care how their car runs as long as it runs, that would be putting out a lot of pollution. (my car looks like ass but it runs good when its going)
I threw this Sim and hallowed out my cat because the cat was not working and throwing a CEL. NY state inspections now include emissions on 96 or newer but they don't probe the tailpipe (just plug into the port under the dash) so as long as the pcm is happy the inspector is happy.