How-To: Disassemble Stock Mirrors

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

How-To: Disassemble Stock Mirrors

Post by vielecustoms » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:26 pm

I am taking my stock mirrors apart to put in LED turn signals (don't like what's available) anyways this is how to get em apart :bath:

all you need for this is a couple straight screwdrivers a small torx driver and a light. and possibly some needle nose pliers.

1.) Take mirrors off car.

2.) turn mirror so you can get in behind the glass by the inside (the part that bolts to car) there is a metal clip (red arrow) unclip it and pull it out of a few of the holes. than it just prys off with light pressure.

3.)after that's out there are 4 screws on drivers side and 3 on the passenger side (yours may be different??) the screws are circled in red)
3 in the housing
1 on the side hiding behind the foam (drivers side only on my car)
this took me half an hour (probally would have been like 10 but I took a good long look at it first :shock: )
that's it your mirror should be in pieces. (hopefully not the glass!)

jrumann59
1GN Registrant

Post by jrumann59 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Fun part is trying to get the actually mirror to snap back on its mounts without breaking the glass.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:02 am

Hey, I just said "dissassemble" :lol: I woudn't reccomend doing this to your only mirrors. these are off my parts car. so if they break I don't have to run out and buy new ones.