How-To: 3.0 Cold Air Intake

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 am

Ianguilly wrote:It makes the engine bay less cluttered IMO.
Agreed
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Post by Wolfemancola » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:02 am

i was looking at some of the pics on this topic and i noticed that some of you guys havw random air filters in 3 different places on your engine:

Spot 1

Spot 2

Spot 3

So What are these?, why do you guys have those filters on them?, should i do that to mine?, and what does it do?
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am

They are just breather filters don't really have any benefits.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

DalesDad
1GN Registrant

Post by DalesDad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

IIRC, the stock air intake had a hose that went to the valve cover, when you put on a CAI,
the little filter (about $5-10 at the parts store), slips right onto the fitting to cap off the opening.
at least thats what i see in the 2nd pic, looks like a standard CAI set up, in fact looks like the way i have mine,
the other 2 pics, i'm not 100% sure, but #2 looks like a homemade CAI that many guys make/use, or an Iceman like i have.

CgPeon
1GN Registrant

Post by CgPeon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Nothing was mentioned about the battery tray. What all needs to be modified to get the intake to fit? I bought the pipe. 14" I cut it in half. Also cut the 3.0 tube as pictured.

My battery posts are the opposite end that is pictured and I have a single fan DOHC motor. Any tips?

DalesDad
1GN Registrant

Post by DalesDad » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:07 pm

CgPeon wrote:Nothing was mentioned about the battery tray. What all needs to be modified to get the intake to fit? I bought the pipe. 14" I cut it in half. Also cut the 3.0 tube as pictured.

My battery posts are the opposite end that is pictured and I have a single fan DOHC motor. Any tips?
the stock battery tray needs to be cut somewhat for the CAI to fit...
a few how-to's...

http://neontuners.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hlight=cai

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=40140

and a discussion on CAI's...

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=339491