Cool Your Int Mani <-HonData Your SOHC<-Ghetto How-To

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Cool Your Int Mani <-HonData Your SOHC<-Ghetto How-To

Post by 6(sic)6 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Ive been jealous of you twincam guys for a wile now since you could use a hondata intake mani heatsheild gasket.

This has only been an important issue to me since Ive been using an aluminum box style intake manifold, and being boosted.

WARNING GHETTO MOD BELOW....

Step 1
I bought a Hondata Gasket for a integra (b18c) and TWO intake manifold gaskets for your normal sohc int mani.
Like so.....

Step 2
Compare Gaskets, Normal sohc vs b18c hondata
Like so.....

Step 3
Cut the Hondata gasket into 4 parts (seperate the port holes)
The Hondata B18c gasket's ports are closer together than the normal sohc gasket. Cutting them into 4 parts alows you to space it corectly
This part was a bit un-nerving because I spent about $50 on this Hondata Sheild.

Like so.... You can see how the Hondata Gasket (blue) was cut and spaced apart to line up with the normal sohc's ports...

I used some high temp rtv between the two gaskets tomake sure it seals and to hold it together before It can be installed.

Step 4
Line up the other gasket sandwiching the handata gasket between the two using the high temp rtv to hold them in place.

Ends up being about a 1/4 inch thick (this pic is without the other gasket on sandwiching the hondata

Step 5
Make sure the normal sohc's gasket's "bolt" holes line up. the Hondata ones def wont and you may have to trim it out of the way so the bolts can go through.
You can also cut off the excess hondata gasket off one its all complete to make it look cleaner...

NOTE, I have yet to try this out, my car shit the bed last week so if you try this do so at your own risk.
I dont THINK this will cause any leaks if you seal it rite with the rtv and line everything up, nor do I think it will cause any noticable turbulence.....
SuperCharged SOHC http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Nifty, and gooey!

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:38 am

why didnt u use a dohc 1 and mod it?
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:52 am

I thought this one looked pretty close but it wasnt. I didnt want to dick with the ports also.......
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

racyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by racyneon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Does that thing make a noticeable difference?
98 r/t: 2.0L=3 spun rod bearings. Starting 2.4L build with srt internals.
14.5@98mph 5psi
srt turbo, stock intercooler, stock downpipe, mpx pulley, 2.5" catback, maddog sts.

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:53 am

I havent tried this particular one but they do greatly reduse the intake manifold temp with helps keep the intake charge cooler and more dense getting more air into the motor,

BUT,
I dunno if the butt dyno would tell a diff

SPARKZ
1GN Registrant

Post by SPARKZ » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:43 am

reminds me of when i needed insoles for my work boots i bought the women's gel'n insoles cuz they were cheaper and cut them in the middle and used the heel and toe parts in my boots needless to say that the gel ozzed out when i apllied pressure and threw out the day my foot just hurt from my big feet overlaping the insole .......lol im so cheap

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Re: Cool Your Int Mani <-HonData Your SOHC<-Ghetto How

Post by keeders08 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 am

6(sic)6 wrote:Ive been jealous of you twincam guys for a wile now since you could use a hondata intake mani heatsheild gasket.

This has only been an important issue to me since Ive been using an aluminum box style intake manifold, and being boosted.

WARNING GHETTO MOD BELOW....

Step 1
I bought a Hondata Gasket for a integra (b18c) and TWO intake manifold gaskets for your normal sohc int mani.
Like so.....

Step 2
Compare Gaskets, Normal sohc vs b18c hondata
Like so.....

Step 3
Cut the Hondata gasket into 4 parts (seperate the port holes)
The Hondata B18c gasket's ports are closer together than the normal sohc gasket. Cutting them into 4 parts alows you to space it corectly
This part was a bit un-nerving because I spent about $50 on this Hondata Sheild.

Like so.... You can see how the Hondata Gasket (blue) was cut and spaced apart to line up with the normal sohc's ports...

I used some high temp rtv between the two gaskets tomake sure it seals and to hold it together before It can be installed.

Step 4
Line up the other gasket sandwiching the handata gasket between the two using the high temp rtv to hold them in place.

Ends up being about a 1/4 inch thick (this pic is without the other gasket on sandwiching the hondata

Step 5
Make sure the normal sohc's gasket's "bolt" holes line up. the Hondata ones def wont and you may have to trim it out of the way so the bolts can go through.
You can also cut off the excess hondata gasket off one its all complete to make it look cleaner...

NOTE, I have yet to try this out, my car shit the bed last week so if you try this do so at your own risk.
I dont THINK this will cause any leaks if you seal it rite with the rtv and line everything up, nor do I think it will cause any noticable turbulence.....
Pics arent working..? hmmm
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

::95 Sprt Coupe::

::04 Gray Neon SXT::

lexxerd
1GN Registrant

Post by lexxerd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm

pics still not working...

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:02 pm

lexxerd wrote:pics still not working...
HE AINT KIDDIN!! lol
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 pm

keeders08 wrote:
lexxerd wrote:pics still not working...
HE AINT KIDDIN!! lol
i don't think either of you were around but its probably from the time that he uploaded a video of his supercharged Neon on a few forums and got some snide comments on one of them. he deleted just about his entire photobucket album in protest. (sic), correct me if i'm wrong. (if he even still posts here)

neon_freak
1GN Registrant

Post by neon_freak » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:57 pm

prolly dont work because its a 2 year old post
95 strawberry coupe mtx sohc

pacesetter header/catback, sts, boogers, 3.0, atx tb, ported intake, mp ecu, solid bobble strut, magnecor wires

98 white rt coupe mtx 2.4

mopar ecu, egr kit. ur street pulley, mpx 60mm, iceman, msd wires/coil, solid mounts, ractive header, vibrant muffler

old 2.0-145.4hp@6161rpm, 134.5tq@5218rpm

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:35 am

thank god his avatar works though :shock:

neon_freak
1GN Registrant

Post by neon_freak » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:06 pm

everytime i see that damn thing i pause for at least 15 seconds to watch it, gets me everytime
95 strawberry coupe mtx sohc

pacesetter header/catback, sts, boogers, 3.0, atx tb, ported intake, mp ecu, solid bobble strut, magnecor wires

98 white rt coupe mtx 2.4

mopar ecu, egr kit. ur street pulley, mpx 60mm, iceman, msd wires/coil, solid mounts, ractive header, vibrant muffler

old 2.0-145.4hp@6161rpm, 134.5tq@5218rpm

keeders08
1GN Registrant

Post by keeders08 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:thank god his avatar works though :shock:
Good lord... i know.. :shock:
KEEDY/"KEEDERS"/"KUTTER"