How-To: Seafoam Your Car

SlvrACR
1GN Registrant

How-To: Seafoam Your Car

Post by SlvrACR » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:44 pm

http://www.seafoamsales.com/
Seafoam is an engine cleaner found at most parts stores for $6 a bottle. You can use it in your oil, intake or gas tank. Here is a sort write up of what I just did to my neon. I must say it sounds nicer and gets better gas mileage now.

1. As planned, i put 1/3 in the gas, 1/3 in the oil, and the other 1/3 thru the vacuum line.

2. Do the gas and oil first because the vacuum line sucks it up real fast

3. To find the vacuum line: look behind your battery and you will see 2 electrical connectors. just below those connectors you will find the brake booster, the large black metal cylindrical thingy, you will see it. on the left front of that you will see a 3-way splitter, there are 2 smaller hoses connected to it, and then a larger hose, probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter, this is the hose you want. mine was on the left side of the splitter, but i dont know if its that way with all. pull it off and your engine rpm's will shoot up.

4. Slowly stick the hose into the can, if you stick it in too fast your engine will die. i only stuck mine into the can maybe an inch or 1 1/2". the engine will start to stumble, if you think it is going to die then pull the hose out a little. my engine never did die once all of the seafoam was gone so i just stuck my finger on the end of the line and it died. i let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and took it for a drive.

5. it did run like crap for the first 5-10 minutes of my little drive and it smoked a lot as well, but i was getting a lot of looks so it was fun... : ) The smoke is the carbon build up coming out. Do this every oil change and you will see a good difference.

*** Once done in the oil it is important to get an oil change to clean out all the particles in the oil and change your spark plugs***

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 pm

For those that are unaware of what this product is or what it does ... please refer to the following quote.
SEA FOAM was developed originally for the marine market—"That's why the great name SEA FOAM." Fred Fandrei, the founder of SEA FOAM, showed Evinrude Outboard Motors how to solve their stale fuel, varnish and carbon problems with its use. Because the product worked so well, and after many years of experimentation, SEA FOAM became a great problem solver in the automotive after market as well. It is renowned as the finest, most multifaceted and safest petroleum product of our times.

TRANS TUNE is a conditioner that is not a stop leak and is compatible with all automatic transmissions, power steering and hydraulic systems.

DEEP CREEP is a multi use penetrating lubricant and cleaner that powers through stuck parts and dissolves rust, varnish and carbon.

BUGS-B-GONE removes ugly bugs fast in 60 seconds or less and is safe on all surfaces.

Products developed at the request of fleets and repair facilities receive instant market acceptance.

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Or you can get the Arasol Can of it and spray 1/3-1/2 the can through your intake manifold and tb. I found it to be easier.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:31 pm

the easiest ive done with the most benefit is 3/4 of the bottle right into the throttle body and the other 1/4 into the tank. let it soak for at least 15 minutes then go to town. start it up...let it run until it gets to a normal idle then take it for a ride to burn everything out. increased my throttle response something wicked
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

MINIHEMI
1GN Registrant

Re: How-To: Seafoam Your Car

Post by MINIHEMI » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm

SlvrACR wrote:Image

http://www.seafoamsales.com/
Seafoam is an engine cleaner found at most parts stores for $6 a bottle. You can use it in your oil, intake or gas tank. Here is a sort write up of what I just did to my neon. I must say it sounds nicer and gets better gas mileage now.

1. As planned, i put 1/3 in the gas, 1/3 in the oil, and the other 1/3 thru the vacuum line.

2. Do the gas and oil first because the vacuum line sucks it up real fast

3. To find the vacuum line: look behind your battery and you will see 2 electrical connectors. just below those connectors you will find the brake booster, the large black metal cylindrical thingy, you will see it. on the left front of that you will see a 3-way splitter, there are 2 smaller hoses connected to it, and then a larger hose, probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter, this is the hose you want. mine was on the left side of the splitter, but i dont know if its that way with all. pull it off and your engine rpm's will shoot up.

4. Slowly stick the hose into the can, if you stick it in too fast your engine will die. i only stuck mine into the can maybe an inch or 1 1/2". the engine will start to stumble, if you think it is going to die then pull the hose out a little. my engine never did die once all of the seafoam was gone so i just stuck my finger on the end of the line and it died. i let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and took it for a drive.

5. it did run like crap for the first 5-10 minutes of my little drive and it smoked a lot as well, but i was getting a lot of looks so it was fun... : ) The smoke is the carbon build up coming out. Do this every oil change and you will see a good difference.

*** Once done in the oil it is important to get an oil change to clean out all the particles in the oil and change your spark plugs***
is there a picture of the lines? i really don't wanna F this up
MOPAR FOREVER

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

I just took off the intake tube and poured slowly andcarefully into the tb worked fine.. didn't work on my truck though (the maf is before the tb so it'd die when you took the intake tube off)

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:04 am

you can also do it into the pcv line from the top of the valve cover...dont do it too often though...do it every 6,000 miles right before oyu change your oil....ALSO they made an additive for your tranny fluid. my tranny had 106,000 miles on it when i changed it but that was cause the chick had the dealer do it......did the seafoam transmission cleaner....drove for about 15 miles, dropped the pan and the internals looked brand new....good stuff
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:06 pm

my engine only has 57k on it though that i just put in is it safe to do this dont wanna fuk my motor up, also i think it sounds easier pourin it down the tb, my question is if you just pour down the tb instead of the vaccum line do you still put it in your oil and tank? and how does that not mess up your oil and motor. You must have to do a oil change right after the seafoam treatment is done correct?

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:03 pm

SlvrACR wrote:*** Once done in the oil it is important to get an oil change to clean out all the particles in the oil and change your spark plugs***

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

yah i reread that part but how is it safe mixing in your oil.

aar0n
1GN n00b

Post by aar0n » Tue May 10, 2011 2:54 am

Not to dig up an old thread but I think It did a great job cleaning but i hear ticking coming from the top half of my engine now. :\ good or bad?? haha

JohnTony
1GN n00b

Post by JohnTony » Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 am

let it soak for at least 15 minutes then go to town. start it up...let it run until it gets to a normal idle then take it for a ride to burn everything out. increased my throttle response something wicked