Moving a Trunk Light Switch/Assembly From One to Another

This is the forum for technical articles, part numbers, history, and other information about the 1st gen Neon.
ReverendRed
1GN n00b

Moving a Trunk Light Switch/Assembly From One to Another

Post by ReverendRed » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm going to a parts car that has a trunklight installed. My Neon currently does NOT have one.

Can anyone recommend what I'll need (both equipment and procedure) to remove the trunk light from the parted out Neon and install it in my Neon?

Rags
1GN Registrant

Re: Moving a Trunk Light Switch/Assembly From One to Another

Post by Rags » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 am

You are going to need the third brake light harness, trunk latch and the light that snaps in the hole and as much of the harness with the plug you can get all from the donor Neon, some Neons are wired for trunk light and all you do is install the latch and third brake light harness, find the trunk light connector under package tray and snap in light and plug in and done, if not pre wired this is where the light harness you cut off the donor comes in handy, one side of the light gets a constant 12volts from the dome light wiring which is under the right rear sail panel trim and the latch grounds it......Here is a diagram that should help......:)

ReverendRed wrote:I'm going to a parts car that has a trunklight installed. My Neon currently does NOT have one.

Can anyone recommend what I'll need (both equipment and procedure) to remove the trunk light from the parted out Neon and install it in my Neon?
1995 Plymouth Strawberry 4 door was SOHC ATX with now a full 98 R/T DOHC MTX everything swap front to back ....300,000 miles on 95 before being reborn as a 98 R/T with 68,000 miles.

http://www2.cardomain.com/ride/779073

yangyan

Post by yangyan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you for sharing.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:29 pm

OMG Mod please!!!! :spam1:
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.