crazy hazzard light???

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
mcclunet
1GN Registrant

crazy hazzard light???

Post by mcclunet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Anyone got a idea that would cause the haz light to blink and make a noise with the key off and the door shut nut not open? It only dose it with my spedo with the tac in, kinda stumped being everything all worked in my other car.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Maybe the button is pushed down? The button will work at all times

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I thought of that, however it is not...;( and it dont do it with the door open just whaen it is closed. i havent had time to look into it much farther yet being i been working on everything else

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 am

Have you tried un-plugging the button and seeing if that helps it?

Hell, at the scrap yard, the assembly for the hazard lights and everything is like 10 dollars. Worth it to fix the button. It sounds like the switch is faulty.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 am

i changed the entire assembly from the parts car still dose it, and i know it was good, on the up side i found the relay and yanked it. now i got no dome light lol. the quest is still on

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

Ok so this is going a bit off where I thought the problem was. Being I finally got the car 97% done. The ds marker light and turn signal come on with the key. They have no function at all, other than bein on, however the one in the bumper goes out when you pull the light switch on. I checked the grounds in that area. Still dont know what the relay I yanked went to cuz my book is MIA. it is the white one in the dash box anyone know what it is for?

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Well wouldnt you figure I figured it out, when i swaped harness is what had to do it i figured. Every ting pointed to the dash plug, wouldnt you know it mopar changed the green and white wires, so it had key on power. solved all my issues in 2 plugs.