power doors on 98 ACR issues

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
farmboy
1GN Registrant

power doors on 98 ACR issues

Post by farmboy » Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 pm

So my original door shells were rotting out on me. I found and purchased a set of doors off a black expresso coupe to replace them today and did the install tonight. The 98 ACR I drive obviously came with no power doors (windows, locks or mirrors), but the replacement ones off the expresso were all power options. I was told they should be straight plug and play as the connector to match up the power door harness to the dash harness was tucked under the dash, but here's the thing...

After installing the doors and lining them up for fitment, and securely plugging the connectors together, the power mirrors work, but neither the windows nor the locks work. I have checked the interior fuse pannel, and found a 20A fuse marked power locks in slot number 3...pulled it to check it and it's not blown. I checked under the hood in the engine fuse pannel and found a slot marked ignition/power windows. It's supposed to have a 40A fuse but has a 60A...not sure why. I never really was concerned with it as long as the car started as I had not power windows. I didn't see and spots for relays for windows or locks, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that there should be. I need to get these windows and locks working tomorrow or I can't drive the ACR to work Monday morning as I obviously can't leave the car open in a parking lot for 8 hours while I'm inside a factory working. What am I missing?

farmboy
1GN Registrant

Post by farmboy » Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 am

figured it out. i'm missing a 30A fuse/circuit breaker that sits on top of the fuse pannel inside the car at the top left, (above slot 1) gonna go pick one up today.