K n i g h t K a p s - Shift Knob Covers - NEW PICS

Own your own shop and want to promote some of your services to us? Maybe you made a deal with a company that if enough people buy a certain product they'll give everyone a cheaper price. Let everyone know about it here.
knightwing44
1GN Registrant

K n i g h t K a p s - Shift Knob Covers - NEW PICS

Post by knightwing44 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Ever get into your car on a really HOT day and changing gears becomes an exercise in pain tolerance?

What about a really COLD day? Frostbite in first, second, etc!

Well, here to alleviate some of that discomfort are these made-from-scratch purpose-specific shift-knob cover / hats / warmers / protectors. Call them what you like, I call them…

Details:

These are HAND-MADE to order by a professional grandmom. She makes hats, scarves, etc. When I asked her if she could make one of these, she had one completed in less than an hour and loved the idea of making these to order.

These are NOT re-purposed i-pod sleeves, socks, or other covering. These are made SPECIFICALLY for shift knobs.

We tested the first ones on a variety of shift knobs. These are intended for MANUAL vehicles, but some AUTOMATICS might work as well if the handle is cylindrical with button on top. We tried it on an old automatic Mercedes, and it fit beautifully. We have not been able to find a knob that didn’t work. The pictures are labeled below.

Approximate size is 3 inches tall, with a diameter of 1 ¼ inches. The cover has a little stretch in it, which allows it to conform to various sizes and styles of shifter, as seen below.

Colors can be just about anything that is available in the yarn she uses, but I’d rather stick to some basics for the initial orders. Red, White, Blue, Black, and Grey can be mixed and matched in a variety of styles and prices as follows.

KnightKaps on a bigger knob from a Honda Fit

KnightKaps on a Trigger Style knob in a 1st gen Neon

KnightKaps on an AUTOMATIC knob from a 72 Mercedes – for automatics, I make no promises.

KnightKaps on a cylindrical style aftermarket knob in a Honda Civic

Again, because these are made to order, we will start this group buy only after 10 people have committed to buying. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY until we have the confirmed 10 orders. If more than 10 order, that’s fine too, but again, please do not send any money until that benchmark has been reached. Once they are confirmed, then payments will be asked for. After that, they will be shipped out within 5 days of the last confirmation / payment. Shipping is included in all prices.

Take a look at the pictures below, and let me know what you want / need.

Thanks to all!
Knightwing44

Me:

Kosta Charalampous
Laurel, MD

Contact/Paypal: kosta_44@hotmail.com

Commit to buy:

0- (example) knightwing44 – Style B, Red(top), Blue (bottom)
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

knightwing44
1GN Registrant

Post by knightwing44 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Some new stuff - all for sale, so please feel free to claim 'em...

thanks for looking!
Knightwing

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 am

haha sweet idea! good luck with your sales!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

knightwing44
1GN Registrant

Post by knightwing44 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 am

Sun was SCORCHING yesterday, and I was driving without a KnightKap ! ! ! HOT HOT HOT!!!

Pictures of some recent orders coming soon...

knight

knightwing44
1GN Registrant

Post by knightwing44 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Here is one I did for a fellow 1st gener. He wanted something that would stay attached to the shifter - came out great:

knight

knightwing44
1GN Registrant

Post by knightwing44 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm

This replaced the dollar store glove he was using in his 2008 Civic SI

Great shifter, great KnightKap

Orders yours !!!