WTF?!?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

WTF?!?

Post by wickedgoodneon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Whats is up with this forum. Its over run with spammers. hasent been more than 1 thread active that is acutally neon related. Vinny, get rid of all these spammers

sarah123
darlencegen

are just a few

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm

thats what happens when there are only like 1 mod around here I talked to jason before about it....I knew about this site before it ever came online hence being member number 5
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Is ent him a message on Facebook like a month ago... maybe i'll tr him on the org.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:48 am

I think i got em all now. Seems like every year or so they attack real bad.

I've tried to figure out how to add moderators, Jon might be one now, but I might have just made it look like he's a mod. Jason might need to handle that one.

Sorry for the absence, i haven't had much time to get on here. I have been traveling, living out of my R/T and friends' couches, I gave up my house and have no permanent home. This is not a bad thing, i am having a great time and seeing amazing things, but i don't always have proper internet (currently tethering my MacBook off my Blackberry via Bluetoof) and it will be hard to get on here regularly for a while.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 am

We just need a way to flag them so that they can't post anymore.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:31 am

If it gets real bad i'll send a message to jason on 2gn, see if he can do something as well.

jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Well once I find them I IP ban them, ban their email address, delete their account and move all threads/posts, its just a matter of keeping up on it. Even last night there were new posts from spambots popping up as I was deleting them.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:41 am

channel4567
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:46 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:channel4567
?

At first I thought you were alerting me to a spam account, but no user by that name exists? Did I miss deleting a thread by this user now-deleted user?

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 am

http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=7644
missed one
but channel4567 was spaming for a bit

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Vinny wrote:I think i got em all now. Seems like every year or so they attack real bad.

I've tried to figure out how to add moderators, Jon might be one now, but I might have just made it look like he's a mod. Jason might need to handle that one.

Sorry for the absence, i haven't had much time to get on here. I have been traveling, living out of my R/T and friends' couches, I gave up my house and have no permanent home. This is not a bad thing, i am having a great time and seeing amazing things, but i don't always have proper internet (currently tethering my MacBook off my Blackberry via Bluetoof) and it will be hard to get on here regularly for a while.

Yea, it's appears that I'm a mod now, but with no real power.

Doesn't McDonalds or $tarbuck$ have wi-fi out there?

BTW.... What's going on with the San Fran Plan????
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh god Jon a mod? were all domed.. :lol:

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm trying to make Jon a mod, if he wants to be, I haven't had much luck figuring out how to do that.

I should try a McDonalds just because I have stuff to download. I'm cool now that I figured out this tethering, but that's only until i get caught, tethering is against my cellular provider's TOS from what I understand and its super slow. I can't stand the smell of coffee so I'll pass on Starbucks lol

San Francisco is now the past, I got fucked on the job, got out there and there was not enough work. In the end I could have had the job still but with reduced hrs and pay, but it wouldn't have paid near enough to cover SF's ridiculously high prices. The dude I was staying with was a total drunk so i bailed, now staying in L.A., not really sure what my long term plans are. I have a feeling I will end up in Florida, I need to go to college so I can quit chasing dead end jobs and that seems like a warm, cheap place to do it.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh geez what a trip dude... hope it all works out for you.

Cincy isn't that far away 8)

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Oh my... I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. After all the work you put into moving, just to get screwed over. Been watching your profile on FB, but didn't realize what was going on. Man, that blows.

If you do end up in Florida, there are plenty of cheap places to live, but from what I understand, the job market is tight. Ocala and Gainesville are nice inexpensive towns to live in, but if your looking to be near the coast, I think Clearwater and St. Petersburg are low cost also. Dunno about Miami or Naples, think they are higher than Cincy.

On the less important topic, Yea, I can do the moderator thing. I baby sit car salespeople all day, so doing it on an internet forum should be ok.