96 Pro Street 440 Neon

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
laneholt
1GN Registrant

96 Pro Street 440 Neon

Post by laneholt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 am

Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:21 am

It's been on ebay off and on for a few years now by the same seller. Save up, I am sure it will still be for sale. I really think it looks stupid. The front tires were moved to far forward and don't sit anywhere close to center of the wheel well. Major overkill. A small block would have done the job and looked a lot better.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Ugh I wish someone would paint over those silly graphics, would of been cool if you can make it look like a sleeper.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Ianguilly wrote:Ugh I wish someone would paint over those silly graphics, would of been cool if you can make it look like a sleeper.
Thats why a small block would be better. Would not have to have push firewall back and front wheels forward. I know someone who is currently working on a small block neon. I can't wait to see it finished.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

jamieely wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:Ugh I wish someone would paint over those silly graphics, would of been cool if you can make it look like a sleeper.
Thats why a small block would be better. Would not have to have push firewall back and front wheels forward. I know someone who is currently working on a small block neon. I can't wait to see it finished.
If you read the seller's description, he stretched the hood and front fenders 13 inches. It would be hard to make a "stretched car" a sleeper. Even with a small block,
your basic gain would be in the width of the engine. You might be able to retain the inside fender wells, but with rear drive and the engine almost as long as the big
block, you'd have to move the firewall back.
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html