Just need some opinions.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
COMPLX
1GN Registrant

Just need some opinions.

Post by COMPLX » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:34 am

WE NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING VERY CLEAR, THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE CURRENTLY!!!!

We spent the weekend producing billet cap covers for the Neon. Both 1g 2g and SRT-4.

Billet covers to go over the Power steering cap, radiator cap, brake fluid cap. (For the 1g brake reservoir our version is a COMPLETE replacement, not just a cover)

Originally we had wanted to offer these with custom engraving and so on them but in an effort to just carry items in stock, we are going to make 2 POSSIBLY 3 styles. We may consider offering custom engraving, but it will be awhile before its a possibility.

So here is what we want to know. On each of the caps, what wording/image/logo would you like to see?

Here are some samples, keep in mind these will be anodized and available in Clear, Red, Blue, Black, and Purple. Possibly gold on a limited basis. After anodizing they will be engraved making the image or text a silver machined aluminum finish.

Any input would be great, these are going to anodizing tomorrow.

Radiator cap covers, covering the standard "stant" replacement cap.

1g and 2g Power steering cap covers

2gn and SRT brake reservoir cap covers.

I somehow didnt get pictures of the SRT power steering cap, and the 1g brake reservoir caps, but the style is the same 5 point style.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:45 am

As I said in your intro post, it seems shady that on the .org you said you were no longer making parts, and now you are joining up over here wanting to offer parts... I am extremely interested in your parts however, if you can maintain good customer service, cuz your parts appear to be off the hook

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

COMPLX
1GN Registrant

Post by COMPLX » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:53 am

Well we got in trouble by offering too many options, thats what his thread is supposed to eliminate. We want to STOCK THE PARTS that people want. That way delays are minimal.

I also posted on .org that we would continue to offer parts after some coaxing from numerous members, and some talking with some locals.
STYLE. SPEED.....SIMPLIFIED.

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:10 am

The Mopar M is always a good option, R/T and ACR would be popular, maybe DOHC and SOHC and 2.4 on the tops?

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

COMPLX
1GN Registrant

Post by COMPLX » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 am

Really trying to narrow it down to 2 maybe 3 options.

I am probably just going to do something generic on the tops at this point.

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 am

Will you guys still be making a bobble strut and lateral links?

You guys seem like a legit company but I think you were overwhelmed by orders for custom parts. You may want to offer a smaller selection of colors and no custom engraving if you want to keep up. Selling on ebay is not a bad idea, as you can fully control the number of parts you sell. A few good ebay sales could also help to improve your somewhat tarnished image.

I don't think you guys fully understand the demand that exists for your products. You are filling a huge void in product offerings that neon people have been looking for. Your business can become very successful if you play your cards right. I really hope to see more of your products for sale again.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

COMPLX
1GN Registrant

Post by COMPLX » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 am

Yes we will continue to offer all our products plus a few more.

The point of this post was to eliminate the "custom" options, which should eliminate delays in order processing.

Color options will be there for Powder coating and anodizing, but will be limited.

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 am

COMPLX wrote:Yes we will continue to offer all our products plus a few more.
That's good news.

Honestly, I think the caps look good plain. The Mopar logo would be a nice touch, and it would keep it simple.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

1320nAeCoRn
1GN Registrant

Post by 1320nAeCoRn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:21 pm

yeah, i agree, keep a few customer engravings, but make them all "stock" items, anything too custom, people will have to wait
Steve Butabi: Oh my God, Doug. This is the most amazing place I've ever been.
Richard Grieco: Guys, guys. This is the coat room. The club's in here.

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm

I say for simplicity, stick with plain caps and offer colors. Or make your two options plain or an engraved Mopar M.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 pm

I like the Complx logo personally.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

fuzzyneon
1GN Registrant

Post by fuzzyneon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:06 pm

yes TNK offer powder coating!

kinda makes me wish i had power steering lol so i can have one
1997 Dodge Neon Coupe 2.4L Stratus Swap + Fuel Upgrades, 3.0 Intake, Ps&Ac Delete, Mpx UDP , Mopar Performance ECU

SuperGus
1GN Registrant

Post by SuperGus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:59 pm

I agree with almost every post. I like the look of your parts, but am just a little leery about ordering. I am especially interested in the lateral links, cap/covers, and rad brackets.

As far as engraving goes, I feel the Mopar M would be a great seller. Another idea would be for Neon in the original text thats on the cars from the factory and maybe SRT for those who have them.

If you can get some positive feedback either on here or ebay, it would ease my mind a little about ordering parts that I would really like to get.

COMPLX
1GN Registrant

Post by COMPLX » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 pm

TNK doesnt need to offer powder coating, we deal daily with the best powder coater around here, who is well known for his work.

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:08 pm

COMPLX wrote:TNK doesnt need to offer powder coating, we deal daily with the best powder coater around here, who is well known for his work.

His name isn't a bad word around here if you want to name him.