Cell Phones?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 am

My last phone was a silver Razr V3. My fiance had the same phone but in pink. I never had a problem with mine, had it for 1.5-2 years. It took some beatings too. I believe she had an issue, but it was only once in the course of 1.5-2 years and it was just a matter of getting a new phone.

My current phone is a silver EnV. I've had it since March or so and it has taken a couple falls and it has not have one problem. For a camera phone I love the camera. I take a pic while driving and txt it to my photobucket. I travel all over the country so this really helps me take pics of the scenery.

My fiance also has an EnV. Also had it since March, she has the orange one. The inside down button failed, got a new phone, 'P' button fail on the new one in a day or less, still have to get another. I know my phone has taken more abuse than hers, but she got the bad ones I guess.

Those are all with Verizon.

My work phone is with AT&T and is a Razr V3. Had it since January. No problems but no real abuse to it.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:19 pm

I got a Nokia 6210 last week, so far I really like it, a lot nicer, lighter and smaller than my last phone. Only cost me $20 and I could still use my existing car charger. I woulda liked a camera phone, but couldn't justify the cost.

suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 am

Dont they give out some cheap ass camera funs for free when you renew or get a plan? My Razr was free, but a nice steamy pile of shit

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:24 am

I dunno, I go through Cincinnati Bell and have never had a plan.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

2003silverneonsxt
1GN Registrant

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am

i have the pantech duo as well...absol. LOVE it!

1996 base model SHOW CAR

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 am

don't get a juke... the buttons and swivel parts get full of grit and don't work well. after a couple months the damn thing was making calls by itself and ringing for no reason... they replaced the phone with another of the same I've had this one longer without the phantom calls but it is still starting to stick from the grit.

superD
1GN Registrant

Post by superD » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:42 pm

i have an IPhone 3G.

best entertainment device i've ever used. struggles with being a Phone though. (dropping calls periodically and stuff)

i suspect mine has a hardware issue which is causing the lackluster performance in calls.
1995 4 door mtx with 96 cam. Booger bushings
1999 turbo coupe putting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag
stuff for sale, MTX swap
Talk of ATXs is prohibited on neons.org, it is blasphemy and will invoke the wrath of the MTX elitests.
superD member #3

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

I have the iPhone 3G as well.

It was well worth the price. I agree with SuperD, though, it sucks at being a phone sometimes (lack of simple features such as picture messaging). I don't have many problems with dropped calls (software update 2.1 fixed most of those problems).

Im also pissed that the worlds most advanced cell phone does not have turn by turn GPS navigation because Apple doesn't want it to.

It has some cool apps that can measure your cars g-force and estimate HP an 1/4 mile times. It basically has a G-Tech performance meter built into it. Another cool app that is in the works is an OBDII code reader and simple scan tool. This could be very useful.

Its expensive to use, though. I pay around $105 a month for 900 minutes, unlimited data, and a simple text messaging plan.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

sohc98
1GN Registrant

Post by sohc98 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:41 am

Ive got a blackjack II and now its a huge peice of junk, its got a huge crack in the screen, all the way across. and the whole bottom half of the screen is broken, its just blackk and multi colored stripes. Im gunna see if i can get a new one. I got this one for free a while back when switching from cell one to at&t. besides the broken screen thing the phone is awsome, the only phone i can say is better is the iphone but im to hard on phones to have that one.

1fast2liter
1GN Registrant

Post by 1fast2liter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:55 am

since i work at john deere and us cellular is a preffered carrier to us i got a htc touch. i like it i can go on the net do pics and pic messages the only thing i hate is sometimes i dont get all the calls i want but with windows mobile 6 and all my mp3 play thru wondows media player its the best phone i have ever owned.

96 blue coupe sold
96 white 4 door sold
95 blue sport parted out
97 straberrie red coupe sold
95 black base parted out

current drivers
97 dodge ram 1500 5.9 ext cab sport fire engine red. tinted windows cat back exhaust suer chips tune, 1 mephis audio sub

90 audi 80. 400 miles to the tank
2002 custom sportster 90 whp and quick too

superD
1GN Registrant

Post by superD » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 pm

sohc98 wrote:Ive got a blackjack II and now its a huge peice of junk, its got a huge crack in the screen, all the way across. and the whole bottom half of the screen is broken, its just blackk and multi colored stripes. Im gunna see if i can get a new one. I got this one for free a while back when switching from cell one to at&t. besides the broken screen thing the phone is awsome, the only phone i can say is better is the iphone but im to hard on phones to have that one.
so you want them to give you a replacement because of your negligence and misuse?

let me know how that works out for you.
1995 4 door mtx with 96 cam. Booger bushings
1999 turbo coupe putting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag
stuff for sale, MTX swap
Talk of ATXs is prohibited on neons.org, it is blasphemy and will invoke the wrath of the MTX elitests.
superD member #3

MarkyMark
1GN Registrant

Post by MarkyMark » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm

I have a blackberry curve 8330 and I love it.

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:46 pm

MarkyMark wrote:I have a blackberry curve 8330 and I love it.
Ive thought about it, does it have Wi-Fi?
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

sohc98
1GN Registrant

Post by sohc98 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 pm

superD wrote:
sohc98 wrote:Ive got a blackjack II and now its a huge peice of junk, its got a huge crack in the screen, all the way across. and the whole bottom half of the screen is broken, its just blackk and multi colored stripes. Im gunna see if i can get a new one. I got this one for free a while back when switching from cell one to at&t. besides the broken screen thing the phone is awsome, the only phone i can say is better is the iphone but im to hard on phones to have that one.
so you want them to give you a replacement because of your negligence and misuse?

let me know how that works out for you.
Yes, but I would have to re new my plan, i never said i expected them to just give me one for free, i said i got this one for free.

MarkyMark
1GN Registrant

Post by MarkyMark » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 am

Tyler wrote:
MarkyMark wrote:I have a blackberry curve 8330 and I love it.
Ive thought about it, does it have Wi-Fi?
no wi-fi but the sprint network is pretty darn quick. I usually load pages within a second or two which is the same amount of time it takes my dsl.