Quit my job last night

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Quit my job last night

Post by chipdogg » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:46 pm

I've hated working at Menard's for a while, but figured I could stick it out until school got out in 2.5 months and I start my new job. Well this past week was the last straw.

On Friday (my day off), I went down to Madison, took a final exam in the morning, ran to work to get my paycheck, cashed it, and came home. When I went to get my check, I went in the "Out" door since that side is where the checks are, and everyone goes in that side anyways. I then went over to the electrical department after grabbing my check to see if Brian was working (he had a nitrous kit for sale). He wasn't there so I left. My car was parked right outside and the "In" door was right there, so I walked out that way. The front end manager bitch said "Hey you can't go out that way" but the door was already open so I said "Oh. I know." and proceeded out.

Saturday I was scheduled to close, and my gf was scheduled to open and my Magenta coupe was in the parking lot waiting for a clutch. I went down at 8 am with her and started working on the clutch. Needed some gloves and shit so I went inside to buy some and a pair of vice grips cuz I forgot mine. Figured I'd double check when I had to work cuz I wasn't sure if it was at 2 or noon. So I go in the back and look in the schedule book, all my days were crossed off for the next 2 weeks. WTF??? Went back out to work on the car, figuring I now had the day off since my schedule was crossed off but didn't know why.

Assistant store manager Matt (Neon buddy lol) and assistant receiving manager came out and informed me that I had been moved up front to be a carry-out (pushing carts in, helping lazy people load up salt, putting returns away) "temporarily" (1-2 months they said) and I lost my $0.50 forklift bonus, putting me at $8.80 per hour. I asked why, and they said cuz I went out the wrong door. WTF??? I was rather pissed about it but figured I'd just work and figure it out.

Worked Saturday and Sunday (Matt had to talk me into working Sunday cuz I told him I wouldn't punch in up front, only in receiving but he said I couldn't, not his decision), and yesterday. Worked a bit yesterday and talked to the main store manager Dale (his decision to put me up front) and he explained that recently they came up with the rule that if you go out the "In" door, you get put up front for a while as it's a security issue and that it had been brought up at our department meetings. Several other receiving team members said they had never heard that either, and the assistant receiving manger agreed. Of course the main manager said he went over it at almost every meeting which was total BS.

I asked when I'd get to go back to receiving, and Dale said he'd think about it and wasn't sure if it would be just a week or a month and he'd let me know later in the week. I told him he had to decide at that moment whether I'd be back there Friday (my next day) or not, and if I wasn't going to be back there Friday, I'd punch out and leave. He said he'd think about it, so I made the decision for him.
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Good.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Word, basically I quit because I got demoted and took a pay cut on my day off for breaking a rule my managers failed to relay to me (and our department), wasn't told about it, and was lied to continuously about it and had no real time table on when I'd get my old position back, of which I was rather good at and worked extra hard, even picking up a fucking 8 hour shift last Wednesday. Thanks bitches :lol:
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Yeah, thats weak sauce. All companies have some bullshit ass rules like that. Like at my job at grunau mechanical contracting. I cut across the grass to get to the front door and I was ambushed by the vice president, owner, and safety coordinator. Telling me its a hazard or some B.S. The whole time I was just think wtf all I did was walk on the grass.

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:20 pm

mahifish wrote:Yeah, thats weak sauce. All companies have some bullshit ass rules like that. Like at my job at grunau mechanical contracting. I cut across the grass to get to the front door and I was ambushed by the vice president, owner, and safety coordinator. Telling me its a hazard or some B.S. The whole time I was just think wtf all I did was walk on the grass.
I wouldn't have had a problem with them talking to me about it one bit. I can live with that. Getting demoted ON MY DAY OFF for walking out the wrong door and taking a ~6% paycut ($.50 amounts to 2-3 years of raises at Menard's) is complete bullshit.
'96 black coupe- #4
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'04 SRT-4 - #50

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 pm

That is bullshit. Good for you Chip, I wouldnt have put up with that shit either!
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:41 pm

C4 will solve all your problems. Or a deagle with an extended clip and extra ammo. :lol:

Jonathan

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 pm

good for you man.. from the other posts ive read you never liked it there anyways.. time to move on! good luck finding a new job bro
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

ehh...Im starting back at KFC/LJS friday. It sucks, but I need money.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 pm

im actually going to quit my job soon.. i think i'll move out to our malls movie theater since alot of my friends work there and someone just quit.. plus im in pretty good with the manager :D
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:57 pm

haha I love when people turn stupid little things into such big deals.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

Erays3r
1GN Registrant

Post by Erays3r » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 pm

These jobs are a dime a dozen. Before starting work in my field I went through 7 jobs in one year due to the fact that the mangers over me decided that they would pull shit like your describing chip. Acting high and mighty, pulling rules out of their ass, and things of that nature.

My rule when working retail or any related jobs,
I will give you respect when you give me respect.
If that doesnt happen I walk out.

Im happy to say that I havent done that in over 5 years.

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 pm

My one manager is real cool casual, haven't worked with the other one yet but I heard is a dick about stuff.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:33 pm

afireinside4848 wrote:My one manager is real cool casual, haven't worked with the other one yet but I heard is a dick about stuff.
Why don't you go apply at Chip's old Menard's so you won't have to deal with the penalties of insurance fraud?
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm

are these the same doors the customers use?