Why I got fired from sears... (New Pics)

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Why I got fired from sears... (New Pics)

Post by vielecustoms » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:49 am

Well I am jobless... I had a real good day at work. I finished up putting on two tires and draining the oil. I was lowering the lift and while dropping the arms swing out (the thing is ancient and has locks to keep the arms from swinging in but not out!!!) so the car dropped and got fucked up.... I am happy to report it was a Honda and I did not have to dispose of my underwear.

This is a good reason if you really care about your car to check out the facility. newer equipment prevents this. but the sears I worked at (Queensbury, NY) it too cheap to upgrade the equipment (one tire machine can't do over 16" rims) or heat the garage they keep it just warm enough the water doesn't freeze.
Last edited by vielecustoms on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:04 am

Reminds me of the time I was installing car stereos, was running power wire through the firewall of a newer S10, my drill bit skipped and took out some wires in the main chassis harness where it goes through the firewall. I told them what happened, put my tools in the car and got out. I hated the job and figured I should get out before they fire me. They acted like they were pissed I walked out, like they weren't gonna fire me. Fuck it. The S10 had to be towed to a Chevy dealer to receive a new chassis harness, and the shops insurance paid for it.

Lifts always scared me, we had one at another stereo shop I worked at that got a lot of use installing neon lights. I hated having to use that thing.

Fuck it. Shit will work out.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 am

I used to work at Sears Auto center too. That place blows. I never dropped a car off the lift though. :lol:
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 pm

its funny that your standing there taking pictures lmao
My Fleet:
95 neon sohc atx daily driver during summer
96 neon sohc mtx hahn stage 5 night rider
94 plymouth sundance aka black betty beater
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:52 pm

I'm getting a job at farm and fleet auto repair.
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:05 pm

Ever since Sears never re-tightened my rear control arm when they did my alignment, I never brought it back there.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:51 pm

I get nervous simply jacking a car and putting it on stands.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:24 am

Im sorry man, I f I woulda been there and watchd that SUV fall, I would have lost it. Probably crying I would laugh so hard. Sorry about your luck though.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:25 am

Sounds like operator error. We have the safety locks on our lift, the are locked in the up position so they have no effect. Never had a car fall off. If you set it up right you won't have that problem.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:47 am

ubengineering wrote:its funny that your standing there taking pictures lmao
I wish I had my video camera, I was standing in front of it the nose hit the ground than bounced the tires right off the ground before landing like that. The funny thing is the security guy had bitched the day before about me not wearing my saftey glasses. I went over to him afterwards and told him "when that car was comin at me I was shure glad I had my glasses on! :lol:

I pretty much figured I was all done, so I relaxed took some pics and packed up my tools before they said anything.

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:22 pm

Vinny wrote:I get nervous simply jacking a car and putting it on stands.
X2 I just changed my steel brake lines last week and i hated being under car, so paranoid of it falling.

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:49 pm

yeah i use the jack from my old 86 regal...figure if it can holdup that old tank it won't even notice the pissant neon...f those crap scissor jacks f em right in the ear

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:00 pm

i took my car to sears to get an alignment and told the specific specs i wanted.

First the guy preceded to tell me i couldn't adjust my car like that, even though i explained to him i had KONI struts and they allow for adjustments from being slotted.

Not only did it take him 2 hours to do it, but when i got back to the car the specs were WORSE than when i had brought the car in and his setting were so far off that i sworn he was smoking something while he did the adjustments.

I didn't pay for it, left and got it free.
Took it to another shop to have them do it an hour, but i found out sears had also stripped out one of my camber bolts and i had to get that replaced as well.

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:17 pm

What I liked is they wouldn't sell one tire they told customers they could damage the car if they didn't have two same size tires on the same axle. and even on a front drive car the snow tires (studded on not) had to go on the rear or they'd lose control. :roll:

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Sounds like a bunch of idiots. I would never consider taking any car I owned to Sears in the first place though.

I am not bothered being under a car once it is up, it's just the jacking itself that kinda noids me out.