Good Stuff

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Stags
1GN Registrant

Good Stuff

Post by Stags » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:20 am

I just realized this site isn't blocked at my school, but neons.org is. So I guess I'll be surfing this one a lot more.

DMez
1GN Registrant

Post by DMez » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:41 am

neither of them are blocked at my school. even if they were i know a few proxies ran by some kids here that arent blocked.
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:33 pm

Ahhhhh... the good ole days of bypassing the school's proxies :lol: Now I just try to bypass them at work :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

DMez
1GN Registrant

Post by DMez » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:56 pm

http://www.extremelan.us/proxy
http://www.badbash.com
http://www.pcriot.com

Those r the ones I can get to at my school, there are a few others but i'm not sure of the link.

BTW if this shouldnt be posted, plz delete.

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:42 pm

DMez wrote:http://www.extremelan.us/proxy
http://www.badbash.com
http://www.pcriot.com

Those r the ones I can get to at my school, there are a few others but i'm not sure of the link.

BTW if this shouldnt be posted, plz delete.
My school pretty much blocks any proxy site that has the word proxy on it.

So I make my own OR unplug my internet from the school computer.. Since the computer is running off of another computer on the network, all restrictions for internet explorer are released due to lack of the internet connection.. Once that is done, I go into internet options and change the proxy settings. BINGO :D
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

DMez
1GN Registrant

Post by DMez » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm

If your school is like any other school i've been to (I move alot) they block any site that has the word "Proxy" in the meta tag.

extremelan doesn't, and will never be blocked by my school's network. same for badbash.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:16 pm

Heh, youngins. We didn't even have internet when I was in school, and computer access at all was not easily come by.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

DMez
1GN Registrant

Post by DMez » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Vinny wrote:Heh, youngins. We didn't even have internet when I was in school, and computer access at all was not easily come by.
lol then it sucks for u to be so old doesnt it? lol
i've been usin pc's since i was 5....so 12 years lol

philter
Temporary Moderator

Post by philter » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm

we had internet when i reached HS, but very rare to be in a classroom with a computer let alone time to use it. where we did have access to one, nothing was blocked. :D
AKA EVLNEON :: 03 SUBY WRX

Neonix
Temporary Moderator

Post by Neonix » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:52 pm

Damn...I don't have to worry about that at my work.

And I don't remember much from school. :lol:
2007 Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

SILVER-ES
Temporary Moderator

Post by SILVER-ES » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:22 pm

That's because you didn't go.

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:11 am

I remember the internet b/c in late HS thats all I did for half the day in one of my classes that I was in for half the day. We didn't have any sort of internet access until HS. Prior to that or Middle School only had one computer lab and that was only there for stupid computer learning games. Elementary school was a bunch of old donated Macintosh's w/ 5.25 drives and played games like Number Munchers or Oregon Trail on it :D Those games were fun :lol:

It's pretty amazing when you think back at how much the net has developed :lol: We used to have AOL 2.5 and thought that was awesome, hell before that we had Prodigy :lol: Prodigy was lame though and we canceled it haha. The internet in itself was crappy and having to actually wait 30min or more to sneak onto AOL with all the busy access numbers was insane. Al Gore's Internet sure has come a long way :P
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:49 am

i'm old :( i think there was two or three computers in the entire school that students had access to, and none of them had internet access. of course,Windows NT wasn't releases until 4 years after i graduated.

Stags
1GN Registrant

Post by Stags » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:33 pm

So do you just use the site, or what?
1996 ACR Coupe-The Race Car
1999 R/T-The Daily Driver
Mopar Header,Mopar Perf. PCM, Mopar X-High Rates, Iceman CAI, ATX TB, Boogers, Edelbrock SDT Muffler, AFX FMM
1998 Sport Coupe-Project Car- Awaiting Power

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:24 pm

DMez wrote:
Vinny wrote:Heh, youngins. We didn't even have internet when I was in school, and computer access at all was not easily come by.
lol then it sucks for u to be so old doesnt it? lol
i've been usin pc's since i was 5....so 12 years lol
When i was 5-6 (1st grade) we had this "computer" in my classroom that I think was called a "System 90" and read data off of records. I shit you not.

I did get a little bit of computer exposure with C64s and Apple IICs in Jr. High, but my HS only let certain kids have access to the PCs and Macs they had.

I didn't have my own PC until I was in my 20s.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?