Vector Art

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
NinjaneonTurtle
1GN Registrant

Vector Art

Post by NinjaneonTurtle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm not asking who can do it for me, I'm asking who knows HOW to do it that can share some info or resources I've heard its done in Adobe Illustrator. and if so, what does it have to take for it to be done. its my favorite kind of computer art especially seeing it done with cars [and neons] soo yeah.. anybody?
1998 Neon R/T Coupe
1988 Colt Hatchback

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 pm

I'm still learning on my own time so I don't feel I should get into too much detail since I don't know everything but the easiest way is if you have something in Photoshop that you'd like tot urn into a vector art, in Illustrator CS2 they have an AutoTrace feature which will automatically trace the outline of the object and create a vector design out of it. Saves a lot of time instead of doing it manually.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

NinjaneonTurtle
1GN Registrant

Post by NinjaneonTurtle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Diablo0 wrote:I'm still learning on my own time so I don't feel I should get into too much detail since I don't know everything but the easiest way is if you have something in Photoshop that you'd like tot urn into a vector art, in Illustrator CS2 they have an AutoTrace feature which will automatically trace the outline of the object and create a vector design out of it. Saves a lot of time instead of doing it manually.
Well that sounds easier. thanks. don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete newb when it comes to Photoshop or Illustrator. I already have Photoshop CS which is great but only does rasterizing obviously. So I'll look into it and hopefully post a few experiments.
1998 Neon R/T Coupe
1988 Colt Hatchback

dawm
1GN Registrant

Post by dawm » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:54 pm

I always use flash before i take it into illustrator. flash still has way better manipulation tools than illustrator. for example in flash you can grab the line and shape it. in illustrator you have to modify the points. so i always do a quick and dirty in flash and then final cleanup in illustrator.
06 Subaru STI WRB ~ BC Coilovers, Kartboy Bushings
98 Neon R/T 2.4L Turbo Coupe ~ Project car
2007 -Purchased and stripped
2011 -Needs a tune and minor things
02 Neon R/T ~ 08/08/08 -traded for the 07 Caliber R/T (03/14/11 -traded Caliber for STI)
---
http://www.st1ck3rs.com
http://www.detroitneonowners.org

NinjaneonTurtle
1GN Registrant

Post by NinjaneonTurtle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:06 pm

dawm wrote:I always use flash before i take it into illustrator. flash still has way better manipulation tools than illustrator. for example in flash you can grab the line and shape it. in illustrator you have to modify the points. so i always do a quick and dirty in flash and then final cleanup in illustrator.
what's the exact name of the flash program exactly? I've got Macromedia Fireworks on my PC. I always use that for animations and all. currently on MAC OS X so yeah
1998 Neon R/T Coupe
1988 Colt Hatchback

dawm
1GN Registrant

Post by dawm » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:35 pm

well adobe bought macromedia so i assume its called Adobe Flash now. not the flash player but the Flash program which you use to make flash applications/graphics.
06 Subaru STI WRB ~ BC Coilovers, Kartboy Bushings
98 Neon R/T 2.4L Turbo Coupe ~ Project car
2007 -Purchased and stripped
2011 -Needs a tune and minor things
02 Neon R/T ~ 08/08/08 -traded for the 07 Caliber R/T (03/14/11 -traded Caliber for STI)
---
http://www.st1ck3rs.com
http://www.detroitneonowners.org