08's 2.4 swapped 96 sedan

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:53 am

dark outside and i was getting rained on but heres a little fitment idea of this battery box. it has to go over to the right about 1/2" but the battery tray size im planning on making is 1/4" longer than this one so it will sit about 1/4" further from the tire, and to keep the bolts from digging into the battery it will also sit 2 1/2" lower as well. now my tires are slightly smaller than the common size people run which is a 195/60R14. that size measures in at 23.2" diameter and mine measure in at 23" even. but by the time you move the tray over and put the bigger tire it will sit a hair further away then in this pic.

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm

well........... still in the process of redoing the whole battery tray, but i did just order this

then at some point i will get me a voltage gauge as well. come spring time i will get the battery tray all mounted up, and voltage gauge installeded.

so my new gauge bezel came in today...............

looks pretty legit i must say cant wait to get it installed with working gauges and get that car rocking down the road again. my builder is coming by sunday to look at the measurements i took for the battery box and everything so hopefully ill get the new and final design on that. and since im starting to work again ill be able to actually afford my new battery cables i need as well as the gauges i want lol

i know you are but anyways...... back on subject..............

so now that i will be working again i can spend more money on my cars conservitably of course

buying everything you want is always funner but that gets you know where in life. so i will just get what i need to get my car on the road and running right. so right now that involves a voltage gauge to keep an eye on the alternator, some new battery cables, and a heater core. next on my list will be a oil pressure gauge im thinking. oh wait........ nevermind. i got a bad tie rod end and sway bar bushings. oh and bad rear brakes lol. so ill get voltage gauge then work on my steering issues and brake issues. ill get my exhaust i already have put on as well though while im at it.

all slowly one thing at a time though. and at same time i will be putting away money to go towards a new cab for my mini truck

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 am

still hanging it, but looks way better with the new fender already.

bumper is just sitting there. its not actually mounted though

i might be able to hammer and dolly the one medium size dent on driver fender. its not creased at all, i just gotta pull it off to try first.

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 pm

nice...

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm

more updates on the battery box build

gotta recut the notches from this pic because the base isnt wide enough. also i dont know what happend but my 2 squares for the access hole are an inch lower than they are supposed to be.

you can see how well the mounting holes line up though

marking off the side bracket that is covered up by the bumper/core support

here you can see why the base of the notches needs widend out more. the relief hole for the bumper bolt needs moved just a hair and made bigger as well.

changed the notches up some. this is of the backing plate............ perfect fit! :cool:

cut an inch tall section out of the top and moved to the bottom of the squares so its in the right spot now.

some changes need made so side plate will need redone still for the final template. plus i want thicker material so its more to "scale" so i will redo them all.

but this is where there at for now.

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 pm

i also measured to redo all my battery cables and switch over to sidepost. just gotta get the wire to do that part.