one bad a$$ grocery getter

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
daycf3544
1GN Registrant

one bad a$$ grocery getter

Post by daycf3544 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:06 am

What’s happing guys. So about a year ago I had a 99 neon R/T with the basics done to it. PCM, Under drive pulleys, Cold air, exhaust, basically all the bolt on they made for the car. At 16 it seemed pretty fast for what it was. Then about six months back my girl wrecked my car. She didn’t think she could make the light when the truck behind her thought he would. Big loss for me but since then I stuck driving a 88 thunderbird. So I decide it’s time for another neon. So I went on a local website for people getting ride of cars cheap, where I found a 97 neon sedan with a add saying if you want it come get it. Next day I was a owner of my next project, which turned out it going to be a little more then I was expecting. The biggest problem with the car right now is that the core support is cracked in half. I have ordered a new one from Mopar but the problem is finding someone to put it in. There people that can do it but for big bucks. I work at a gas station my income is pretty small lol. So right now the plans for the car is to build a fast N/A. The car right now is SOHC which I will be swapping with the DOHC out of my 99. Have plans for getting cams, value springs, and retainers. Possible an intake depending about the money situation. Then of course the normal stuff intake, PCM all that stuff. As well I do plan on lowering this beast with coil overs. Not sure what type yet but got some time to figure it out. Plans also to swap the rear breaks to disc. This is going to be a pretty big learning experience for me. So plan on getting a lot of questions

Thanks Carl

[/img]

My Old Babe

[/img]

[/img]

The next one

[/img]

[/img]
N/A All The way

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Is the car really rusty?
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

daycf3544
1GN Registrant

Post by daycf3544 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:22 pm

just the normal stuff that rusts out. The cars was right by a brick yard so ur probley seeing the brick dust that was all over it
N/A All The way