Project R/T turbo

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 am

I want to be sure I understand your build .... this is the 2.0 DOHC block, crankshaft, and head, with SRT-4 rods, pistons, rings etc.
So you'll end up with a 2.0 SRT-4 engine in the lighter 1GN R/T body?

If that's correct, I'll try it when my R/T engine wears out.
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:55 pm

laneholt wrote:I want to be sure I understand your build .... this is the 2.0 DOHC block, crankshaft, and head, with SRT-4 rods, pistons, rings etc.
So you'll end up with a 2.0 SRT-4 engine in the lighter 1GN R/T body?

If that's correct, I'll try it when my R/T engine wears out.
no.....he's using a 2.4 block and the head from his 2.0
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 pm

yeah what he said, its a 2.4 stratus block with the rotating parts from a srt and my 2.0 head cause of all the work i have done to it. but when im done with this swap, im going to try to build my 2.0 and see if the srt pistons will fit, i know my stratus pistons did fit in the bores though. so who knows.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 am

got my pump, pickup, and pan on today. so the bottom end is now secured. now if that stupid timin kit would come... going on vacation in a few days so i guess she sleeps in the bag for a week.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

well been on this one seriously for days now, got the head built, cams installed, and timing cover (new srt with new srt timing components) all put together. just got my MM adapter and my p/s bracket from modern. now all i'm waiting on is my alt brakets from the dealership to come. pics up later this weekend.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 am

so i failed with new pics, and it started to rain and was dark today, but motor has been finished, and the old motor and trans is FINALLY out. car is missing the front bumper, headlights, hood, and fenders. looks rediculous right now. but if it stops raining by tomorrow, then i'll have the new motor at least attatched to the trans and installed in the car. more to come.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:34 pm

ok so i got the car to start and damn it idles and revs way nice. my phone only takes like 15sec worth of video at a time, but im working on getting a longer one.