Sullivans Progress- sohc now with magnum parts

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm

sorry man!

sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:58 am

well today there was a break in the rain so i went out and installed a 2000 ps pump in the coupe, and set my freshly painted valve cover on... first time using a spray gun and mixing paint soo i think it turned out decent..

racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 pm

You are making some insane progress considering your situation.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:38 pm

well today i got 95% of the stuff needed to get the coupe running done, all that's left is to take the battery off the charger, and gay vacuum lines. so far i think its looking awesome.

and added throttle control for the TB

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Dude that is so ghetto lol.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

Doug95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by Doug95neon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah, spring is teh hotness. Why you running it? Spring on shaft not strong enough for you?

Taking a peak at your engine bay I see the PDC is turned sideways. Are you not going to put the battery back where it was? If so I think you'd benefit by using a poor man's cold-air intake like mine:

I took an intake pipe from a chrysler minivan with a 3.0L engine and cut the factory neon box open. I like this, econo-CAI, because the air filter doesn't suck hot air from the back of the engine bay, it doesn't hang down too low and suck up water, open face A/F for more air flow, still uses factory filter (upgrade to K&N Easily) and is REALLY cheap to do yourself.

If relocating the battery is in your future then I'd suggest this set-up. Plus it looks like closing the hood on yours isn't going to be too nice to the a/f you have.
Doug
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I HAVE to be right.

My Project thread: Here

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm

/\ But it would keep the track officials happy. seems like every time I go through tech I have to convince them that I have more than one spring wrapped around the throttle shaft, to close the throttle plate.

Doug95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by Doug95neon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I do see the bonus of it from that aspect then. I would suggest then that a small hole be drilled in the black plate and the spring be routed in to there. As it sits right now, the spring is fully compressed and may actually have a slight amount of movement before the spring actually begins to stretch.

Also, before I go any further, I'm piping up about things I would change not to be a douche (though it does come easy for me for some reason) but rather to help with the build and provide assistance. If it's unwelcome then just PM me and I'll keep my 0.02 out of your thread.

The hose you have coming off of the valve cover going to the PCV valve looks a lot like heater hose (comparing the shades and dimensions). If that's the case then you'll want to change that. The rubber hoses used for coolant are not capable of dealing with oil and will swell up. This of course leads to messes but also vacuum leaks and high idle depending on hose location.

sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:11 pm

doug any input is welcome, and i appreciate it! the car now has a sohc motor that was making 150 at the wheels.

well i havent updated my log lately, the motor is being effing retarted, it wants to idle at 5000rpm?!?! ive checked for any vacumn leaks ect and nothing. any suggestions im going insane!
decided to put the magnum intake mani on, so far ive only painted it. both the intake, and the vc will be garnet red (purple neon color)

i also finally sent my 2000, and 95 neons off to the scrap yard.

as she sits

snapped a cv in the garage pushing it WTF!

since its a neon i decided too add a removable toe hook

sexy much?

4x4 neon?

rippin more parts off

bye bye

please comment it keeps me motivated!!

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 pm

For some reason I really like that purple intake mani. Keep the good work up!
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

Ghost Neon
1GN Registrant

Post by Ghost Neon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 pm

What type of sealant is being used from the intake and tb?

sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Ghost Neon wrote:What type of sealant is being used from the intake and tb?
i was using the stock rubber gaskets, but now ill be using the magnum intake manifold, and 2gn tb

... heres some more progress :thumbup:

vc painted

battery tray

Doug95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by Doug95neon » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:22 am

When you get it back up and running pull off the throttle body and slowly put your finger over the idle air control bypass port (large air opening before throttle plate) and see if the idle drops down to something more respectable. If it does then your IAC motor is either unplugged or bad and the high idle is from that. If you still have a high idle then you've got a vacuum leak.

Eeeerrrrr um, I re-read and saw that you'll be swapping to the 2g setup so you'll probably won't have the same problem. Oh well.

With your intake manifold you should probably clean the paint from the area where the injector o-rings seal up at. This can be done pretty easily using a dremel and some sort of polishing adapter that has soft bristles. Like this:

I prefer these:
http://www.ruffstuff.com/pages/finish.html#cross
The cross buffs are what I use when ever I clean injector bosses but they typically are used for some of the final steps of a porting/polishing job.

sullivan
1GN Registrant

Post by sullivan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 pm

thanks doug, and these turned out decent besides my puppy licking it in between SP 2 and 3 lol

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:48 am

Dude, why'd you ditch the DOHC?

Is your hand getting any better?

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here