98rt Srt swap ran on MS *Video up*

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

98rt Srt swap ran on MS *Video up*

Post by 99dohcneon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:03 pm

I bought my car from the org last week. It needs some tlc.

Heres a list of what im ordering and what Im needed to get done:
TUNE needs one bad
Im going to repaint the VC
I ordered a 3 pillar pod and cluster gauges
Clean the headlights (maybe get some new ones)
Clutchmasters stage 4 clutch (has a stocker that likes to slip)
750cc injectors
Silicone couplers (pvc connectors now :( )
Find a new home for the oil filter
Clean the engine bay up some, mainly hide some wires
Relocate MS. Probably the glove box

Plans as of now is get it tunned at 15 psi. Im going to take it to Indaina the week of the 16th hopefully to visit family and have Monday tune it.

Heres the mods I reposted from the thread where I bought the car from
Complete engine rebuild 5k miles ago
2004 SRT-4 Block with Eagle Rods, Wiseco 8.5:1 pistons(dish pistons, sold to me by Bob Stockum years ago) removed balance shafts
2003 PT Cruiser head, new valve seals, 2.0L DOHC camshafts, 04 SRT valve cover
2004 SRT-4 Intake manifold, modified by tapping MAP sensor location for IAT instead
60MM Explorer 4.0 Throttle Body
Jeep throttle cable
Custom mild steel I/C piping(both hotside and coldside pipes are one piece)
1G DSM uncrushed BOV on coldside pipe
Stock SRT intercooler
Hahn 2.0L DOHC log-style turbo manfold....modified for Tial 38mm wastegate(comes with 7psi sping and 15psi spring, which can actually be doubled up for a 21psi opening pressure according to tIAl)
Hahn Super 20g Turbo..modified for external wastegate...internal gate welded shut, turbo is in great condition....no shaft play, spins freely...maybe 8k miles on turbo
2 1/2" downpipe w/ o2 bung which expands to 3" right after making the tight bend coming out of the turbo
3" turboback exhaust...w/ 3" flexpipe 3" Cat and 3" Moroso spiral flow muffler
Warlboro 255LPH fuel pump...a updated version of a "spoolboy" modded canister...connected to a shelby charger fuel filer, feed and return lines
SRT stage 0 injectors, -3an SS line connecting to an aeromotive 1:1 FPR
MegaSquirt ECU, MS1 v2.2 board, car is fairly well tuned at this point for low boost...have not yet turned the boost up
Booger bushings
Eiback Sportline springs
2nd gen snowflake wheels, painted black, 2 back wheels have summit 195/60/15, fronts are Falken ZE512 205/55/15 new with less than 2k miles on them
Stock ECU completley removed...running custom fuse box for MS
86 Omni voltage regulator
Transdapt oil filter relocation kit(lines upgraded to -8AN stainless steel)
3.55 5 speed transmission...stock clutch, stock axles
Custom made TB spacer/adapter w/ integrated vacuum block(made by me)
upgraded vacuum/boost system w/ industrial push-type fittings
Autometer sport-comp Boost, oil pressure, water temperature, and Pyrometer(EGT) gauges

Last edited by 99dohcneon on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.
99 neon with 2.4 swap w/ 2.0 cams, afx race ecu, 60mm jeep tb, cai, header, polished intake, straight pipe with no muffler, poly. inserts, pt clutch, B&M sts w/booger bushing and skunk2 springs. 14.3 (gtech) 2.5 60 foot :O

'98 neon rt srt swap w/20g turbo ran on MS 18psi Project log
http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_game_rock

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm

looks pretty rough, but should be a fun project! keep us updated

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:01 am

TNK wrote:looks pretty rough, but should be a fun project! keep us updated
Looks better in person. I was messing around tonight for the first time in MS. I got 2nd gear pulling pretty smooth. Before it was jerky as hell.
99 neon with 2.4 swap w/ 2.0 cams, afx race ecu, 60mm jeep tb, cai, header, polished intake, straight pipe with no muffler, poly. inserts, pt clutch, B&M sts w/booger bushing and skunk2 springs. 14.3 (gtech) 2.5 60 foot :O

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 pm

I got my gauge pods today I just need to wire them in. I have the one around the cluster.

Today I ordered a stage 4 clutchmasters clutch (non-modular) and I got a piston and rod keychain. 8) All from modern. I ordered 79# injectors. Yesterday I ordered all new couplers.

Im taking my flywheel to be machined today I hope. Im going to order some bolts for the flywheel today.

Im thinking about tunning at 21 but I dunno

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry for not updating in awhile Im not on here much. I have the clutch it, gauges are done. Not sure when its going to get tuning, hopfully next month.

I messed up the radiator and fan. I just ordered new ones, just a stock radiator. The fan is a slim one that im going to mount on the other side of the radiator. Also ordered a MBC and new plugs.

I was messing around trying to fix my speedo gauge and fried my MS. I replaced the ecu and was driving it around all day. Got home tried to start it up a little later and found out I fried the coil driver. They are prone to burning up. I ordered the same poop chip before I found the better ones. They wouldnt cancel my order :(

Car runs great I beat a new Mustang GT and a 400 stroker.

If you want check out my project log on neons.org to be more updated. Heres some random pictures......

#79lb injectors (830cc) Next to a stock srt injector

My tach output I put together. Ran off my coil

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Pic of my MBC
Installed my radiator and fan.
Heres a couple pics of my son after we got back from Smackdown here in my little shitty town. Denny is a friend we have made fun of his mom since middle school :lol:

Im open to comments or suggestions. Good or bad

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:26 am

I got it tuned for 18psi yesterday. Im very pleased with it. Im going to have someone do some fine tuning on it. Im trying to get a video of it accelerating thats not shaky.

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

lookin good
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

looks very good. Nice pickup and i like the progress so far.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Looks great man, love where the MBC is.

Did you have to take out your bumper support to fit your fan there?
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks guys. Im loving the car is a absolute blast to drive.
INVUJerry wrote:Looks great man, love where the MBC is.

Did you have to take out your bumper support to fit your fan there?
I moved the fan to the back of the radiator (as seen in the newer pic) The previous owner took out the support for the intercooler I think.

I end up have to cut a square hole to shove the mbc through some b/c If I unthreaded the screw out the mbc would fall through. Its in a good spot to get to though.

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Sun May 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Got it tuned some more. Its getting close to done. Im trying to finish it myself. Its been raining here for the past week or so. I have a problem (go figure) Head MAY be warped. I have a exhaust leak somewhere. Its not in the exhaust and I just replaced the gasket between the turbo and the downpipe.

The car pulls very hard. Driving the car is a blast. Added a little timing is SOOO much smoother in boost. Im going to have to get a different MBC the lowest it goes is 15psi and thats too much for normal driving. Spins tires so bad. Spins in 3rd unles its warmer out. I need to get LSD but I dont have money to throw around right now. So Ill get one someday hopefully.

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 pm

I got the belt on I just need to retime it. Its off a tooth. I ordered timing covers for 32 shipped. I also picked up new hallman in cabin boost controller for cheap off ebay. Also picked up a couple used 17s. Right now after I get it tuned I well be done with everything motor and performance wise for now.

Im wanting to sandblast the intake manifold and see how it looks. If it looks bad Ill repaint it. Im going to paint the brake calipers red. I would like to focus on cleaning up the car some more. Fix the wiring all the way.

Dont know if you guys have been following my thread in the pits. I just had sugery on my ACL. They took a hamstring graph to repair it. I can barely walk. I had it about 5 days ago. I have to keep a machine on my knee almost all the time or my knee swells really bad. So Im off work for probably 3 more months. So I have alot of time to think about what I want to work on and probably wont ever get it done. Hopefully within the next couple weeks Ill be able to get on my feet some more.

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Sorry for not updating in a while I keep up with it at neons.org Im not on here that much.

The valves on the intake side hit the pistons

Well my knee is better im able to work on the car. I took alot off it. Looks like it will never run again. But it will.... I got a few pics. I cleaned the engine bay up. Not all the way done but getting close. Im going to remove all the wiring thats not needed. Clean up everything really good. Repaint the engine bay. Whatever else I can do. Im hoping to get money soon and put this bad boy back together. Im also going to look for a new home for the oil filter.

I just starting painting today. Its look great! Cant wait to get it looking good. Going to be clean when I get done with it.

99dohcneon
1GN Registrant

Post by 99dohcneon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 am

Im working on the clear coat now. Im going to coat it good so I dont have to worry about it chipping off. Ill post up some pics soon. Im going to wet sand it with 2000 grit when Im done clearing it.

Iv also stripped the V/C, Im thinking about leaving it that way maybe polishing it. I cleaned the turbo really good. Everything is actualy looking the way I wanted it to. I removed extra fuse box and wired everything into the factory PDC. Its looks a ton better.

Im hoping to also paint the block and trans. Ill post some pics of the bay when its done.

Thanks for looking! Any questions ask away.....