98 R/T ATX

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
roysneon

Post by roysneon » Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 am

The tails look a lot better now. If you have the time to have the car off of the road, the trans swap isn't that hard if you have all of the parts at your disposal. I've done my fair share of transmission removals so I could help you with some of your questions if need be.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri May 08, 2009 10:09 am

roysneon wrote:The tails look a lot better now. If you have the time to have the car off of the road, the trans swap isn't that hard if you have all of the parts at your disposal. I've done my fair share of transmission removals so I could help you with some of your questions if need be.
Thanks, I do want to do it one day just because. I could always get another neon with an MTX but what fun would that be?!

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Tue May 12, 2009 10:29 am

So...I thought it over last night and I am getting rid of my stripes. My car is slow, people see my stripes and want to race and rev their engines blah blah blah. I want the stock look but different. My hood and trunk have a few dents dings ect....so I'm just going to get new ones and have the car repainted, I may go w/o a spoiler. As for the stripes on top...i'll just remove the red vinyl and deal with it for now. The doors: I did find power door panels that I paid $160 for and one of the plastic pieces broke...my drivers side window slider is broken...the power lock piece wiring is messed up and doesn't work. The passenger door has a big dent, not huge...just baseball size and it'll be cheaper to just get a new one...i really don't care if they are manual doors or not...doesn't bother me. Neon's are small and its not hard to reach over to lock a door or roll a window. Would anyone be willing to trade who wants an R/T drivers door, pass door or trunk? I prefer not to ship...I only want to trade for a black part that is in PERFECT condition...goes for the interior parts as well...i prefer they be charcoal grey. I'm getting rid of the gay ebay projectors and getting depo blacked out ones from MP. I'm tinting my tails black...back to the front...I may consider getting fog lights with amber bulbs and wiring them to my turn signals and use them as blinkers....idk yet. If I do that I will delete the grill and obviously the old blinker housing...I will keep my 14" rims because I like the handling but I'm going to have them painted or power coated once I get new tires...tell me what you all think! Thanks.