98 R/T ATX

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

98 R/T ATX

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Here is the car when I bought it.

Fender Primed.

Car Primed.

Car Primed.

My missing door panels. (I need a set)

I'm going back to stock and selling these.

These next few pics suck. It was raining and I used the my phone.

Last edited by 98neon_r/t on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Im not liking those rims at all

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Me either. I was thinking about going stock. Either that or painting them black with a red rim. May look better...idk.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:23 pm

get some sport rims and paint the lip red and the spokes black. would look good imo!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:25 pm

i would also suggest a 3.0 cai and a 5 spd swap!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:i would also suggest a 3.0 cai and a 5 spd swap!
I think I will go for the 3.0 cai, I seen something on this forum about how to do it. As far a he 5 speed...I'm learning about cars and I have no idea what to do. I can do all the basics. I want to learn though. I called around and it would cost me $2000 or so in labor just to do the swap.

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:get some sport rims and paint the lip red and the spokes black. would look good imo!
Yea I think so too. My grandma is letting me take over her garage. She doesn't use it at all. It is filled with all of my grandpa's old tools so I will be in there alot this winter.

sohc98
1GN Registrant

Post by sohc98 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Looks way better with the stripes on it now, since the old ones are visible through the new paint.

def. do something with the rims, either paint them or get new ones.

For the mtx swap just get a repair manual and follow the directions for pulling the atx then follow the directions for putting in the mtx. its not as hard as most people think. then just swap your brake pedal with the clutch/brake steup and swap the shifters. the computer dosnt need to be switched but if ya want to go ahead.

And whats with the funnel???
mahifish wrote:Teddy ruxpin was that bear that would read to you when you shoved a cassette tape in his ass

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 pm

98neon_r/t wrote:
Ladi3sman55 wrote:get some sport rims and paint the lip red and the spokes black. would look good imo!
Yea I think so too. My grandma is letting me take over her garage. She doesn't use it at all. It is filled with all of my grandpa's old tools so I will be in there alot this winter.
use grandpa's tools and do the mtx swap its not that hard and we are all here to help you through it! if you do the mtx swap get some boogers and put them in at the same time.
as far as you paying for labor.. its free if you do it yourself! :lol:
The definition of a NEON

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:11 pm

sohc98 wrote:Looks way better with the stripes on it now, since the old ones are visible through the new paint.

def. do something with the rims, either paint them or get new ones.

For the mtx swap just get a repair manual and follow the directions for pulling the atx then follow the directions for putting in the mtx. its not as hard as most people think. then just swap your brake pedal with the clutch/brake steup and swap the shifters. the computer dosnt need to be switched but if ya want to go ahead.

And whats with the funnel???
Yea I think so too. Like I said I don't know much about cars so I guess I will have to figure it out. I wouldn't know where to begin...is there a forum somewhere to kind of guide me to doing it? I don't even know what kind of tranny to buy or anything..

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:
98neon_r/t wrote:
use grandpa's tools and do the mtx swap its not that hard and we are all here to help you through it! if you do the mtx swap get some boogers and put them in at the same time.
as far as you paying for labor.. its free if you do it yourself! :lol:
I will see what I can do...hell would it be cheaper or easier to drop in a 2.4 w/ATX? or do it all at once? Ugh...I really do suck when it comes to cars...I need pictures and videos and everything lmao

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Sit tight young grasshopper, in time you will learn. We weren't born with this knowledge either.
Last edited by Archametes on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sohc98
1GN Registrant

Post by sohc98 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:24 pm

If your going to go through the trouble of putting a 2.4 in you should do the mtx. It would be alot easier to just swap the tranny and such than to put a whole different motor and trans in the car.
mahifish wrote:Teddy ruxpin was that bear that would read to you when you shoved a cassette tape in his ass

sohc98
1GN Registrant

Post by sohc98 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:31 pm

98neon_r/t wrote:Yea I think so too. Like I said I don't know much about cars so I guess I will have to figure it out. I wouldn't know where to begin...is there a forum somewhere to kind of guide me to doing it? I don't even know what kind of tranny to buy or anything..
The tranny depends on what you want from it, if you want good gas mileage go with the mtx from a sohc car, or for some more get up and go get a trans from a mtx r/t.

Besides the trans you would need this stuff.
axles
booger bushings (not needed but well worth the $$)
shifter
brake/clutch pedal
transmission mount
shifter linkage
clutch & flywheel (or get the pt modular right off the bat)
rear main seal (not needed but its a prevenative thing)
PCM (not required but if ya want to switch it go ahead)

Thats all i can think of now, Im sure if i missed something someone will chime in.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:29 am

Nobody's going to speak up and say that...

NO R/T's EVER CAME WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!

...?

What's wrong with you guys?

BTW, I'm about 45 minutes away from Circleville.
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune