A little less Show and a little more go... update 9-2-08

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
visualillusions
1GN Registrant

A little less Show and a little more go... update 9-2-08

Post by visualillusions » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:02 pm

I started tearing down my car yesterday. My plans are to remove the body kit, air ride, put the stock wheels back on (paint them black and rap them in falken azenis) Clean out my break lines and put on my SS lines that ive had forever and just never got around to putting them on. :wink: I also want to change the headlights and marker lights all to black ones. While its off the ground i am also going to remove the ac and powersteering (power pump is going out and the ac doesnt work. It will not nearly be as showie and im planing on doing a DOHC swap w/ turbo over winter to give it some much needed "GO" My plan is to make it faster than my 350Z but we'll see what happens. ill post pics soon.
Last edited by visualillusions on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:29 am

Well i got the body kit off and the Stockers put on to see if i had any fitment issuse. I also recieved my Depo Projectors so i threw those in to see what they would look like. And i took my stock wheels, dismounted the old tires and took a red scotch bright pad and also a drill attatchment and when to town on them in order to get rid of all he corosion before i painted them. They turned out really nice and i cannot wait till my tires come in so i can rap them up and see what they look like. I went with the Falken Azenis rt 615 (195 60 r14) they should be here by wednesday.
Before
Corosion spot
same spot after clean up
All done :D Painted them a semi gloss black to go with the stealthy look im going for.
Fittin the stockers on
I love the stance...too bad im gettin rid of these wheels
Up in the air... getting ready to pull off the air ride, underbody neons, AC and power steering and install the SS brake lines and clean up the brakes a lil.

silversport
1GN Registrant

Post by silversport » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

man keep it, just get rid of those fenders... either way ood luck! more go is always fun!!!
speed kills, save lives, drive a civic

>Andrew<

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 pm

was a beautiful car before, not sure why you're changing it. but im sure itll look good after you're done. and if you are looking to get rid of the old headlights, lemme kno, those are what im lookin for...

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
WTB in NW: Clean 1g Sedan

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

So this weekend i managed to find some time to work on her. I got my tires mounted removed the under body neons, the AC and the power steering. (that was kinda alot of weight of the car) Im pretty excieded to start driving it soon. I also took the air dam off my 98 intrege (fell off last winter) and to my surprise it was a perfect fit! Drill a couple holes and screwed her in.

I should be getting my K sports this week so i can install those and some one bought my body kit and front fenders in excange for stock ones. I also am steeling the front lip off my buddies 92 accord for a little extra something on the front. After that its off the my buddies body shop for some mild body work and paint. I also have an idea for a rear lip but we'll see how that pans out. Its a good idea in my head but it might look stupid

Let me know what you think. Good or Bad... sorry about the pics they were takin from my 2mp phone.

Used some hose rapped in stainless brade to loop the lines together after i cut them using a pipe cutter.

A/C and power steering removed. (make the engine bay look roomier) :lol:

New tires mounted on painted original sport wheels. I think they look really agressive.

Test fit on car (looks better in person.) :wink:

Air Dam off the Oldsmobile

Before...

After...

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:16 pm

damn.... what kinda tires are those? (i mayhave missed it being posted, sorry)

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Re: A little less Show and a little more go... update 8-25-0

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:12 pm

visualillusions wrote:I went with the Falken Azenis rt 615 (195 60 r14) they should be here by wednesday.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

oops. thanks. now that i think about it, i sw that posted the 1st time i viewed the thread. :lol:

what kinda wheels were those that USE to be on the car? they look alot like a set of enkeis i have sitting in boxes...

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 am

Enkei ZR1s or Z1Rs...something like that. I just sold them to a guy with a wrx. They looked way small and i even told him that but he still wanted them. Not my problem anymore i guess. :D

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 pm

shit dude, i think those ARE the wheels i have.

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Well, i got her back on the road... She needs and alignment and but also the used Ksport i have on her are leaking and need to be replaced. (i knew that when i bought them.) I threw them in to see how it would ride anyway, and it rides like SH*T!! :lol: So i have to send them to Ksport to get them reworked. Its still cheaper than buying a brand new set. I think ill send them out this winter when she is sitting.

Also i painted the chrome housing around the rear tail lights black to help them blend in a lil better.

I also tryed to put the stock rear swaybar back on but it turns out im missing a few pieces. Doesnt some one make a rear sway bar kit for Neon?

Now all thats left is some body work and paint.

before....

Durring...

After...

current pics....

TNK
1GN Registrant

Post by TNK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 pm

looking good bro. keep it up. but seriously, get some different wheels! :lol:

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:21 pm

TNK wrote:looking good bro. keep it up. but seriously, get some different wheels! :lol:
no! keep those wheels! if anything paint the lip.. if you plan on painting the bumpers and what not the same color than i would go with that color on the lip too! would look pretty sweet imo.. maybe have someone ps it for you..
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

visualillusions
1GN Registrant

Post by visualillusions » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:01 pm

^^^ I like them they way they are. Beautifully Ugly! :lol: but thanks for the suggestions.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:27 pm

visualillusions wrote:^^^ I like them they way they are. Beautifully Ugly! :lol: but thanks for the suggestions.
good do it your way!
The definition of a NEON