Project NiZon

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
mahifish
1GN Registrant

Project NiZon

Post by mahifish » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Well I finally decided to do a few things to the ol' neon, so I started a project log.

I have a 1998 ATX SOHC Flame Red Neon.

Current Mod List---STOCK!

Parts List(what I have)---3.94 MTX Swap, just got done ordering clutchmasters stage 1 clutch, 3.0 CAI, Front Bumper Cover, Rear Bumper Cover, Hood, Garret T3 Turbo, SRT-4 FMIC, Pilar Gauge Pod, Autometer Phantom II Air Fuel Gauge, Autometer Boost Gauge, some stock headlights I am refinishing(Id rather have Depos) and a Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler.

Wish List--- SAFC-II, Injectors, tint, wheel and tire set and I am currently waiting for my uncle to paint my hood, the bumper covers, and I want him to paint the top Black.

Here is what I am starting with.

I just got done putting my ECU on and taking off my Valve cover for sandblasting and I didnt slam the hood all the way before I took the pics thats why the gap between the hood is so big.

sps20racer
1GN Registrant

Post by sps20racer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Looks like something was hungry and ate the bottom of your bumper. Damn gophers lol

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

lol, get a stock fog light bumper. Get some parts on that car.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Looks just like our new purchase except for the Euro bits ;)

UTA

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:14 pm

My sawzall ate my bumper! It was cracked from when this chick backed in to me. So I just decided to chop it off, I didnt want it hanging.

And for parts, they shall be going on this weekend if its nice out

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Just a small update. Im in the process into swapping the 5 spd in came across a TON of problems. IE wrong parts bad parts a flexplate messed up . it should be done by tomorrow. Im making up a custom turbo manifold, so i dont have to have the turbo on the rear of motor. Its going to be on the right side of the engine bay where the battery tray used to be.

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:13 pm

just an update the 5 spd swap is done and rides nice but about two weeks after finishing it. My damn starter took a shit, so that my mission for the day