1st off, we picked up an engine from a friend in NH. Its a nice low mileage SRT motor with a 3.55 Trans equipped with a Quaife already.
Then we ordered a fuel cell and SS brake lines from Jeg's. No pics of the brake lines, but you know what they look like! The fuel cell is a 5 gallon Poly tank with foam inside for drag racing.
Taping out the trunk to figure out where the cell will go:
Here is Jeff doing some cutting, WITHOUT the safety guard on, he sure is a rebel LoL
Look out Andrew!!! Jeff is crazy with that grinder!
Fuel cell is in place, just gotta find some straps to hold her in!
Ordered some parts to refresh the motor. Got some Unorthodox adjustable cam gears, new timing belt, new water pump and a new serp belt. We are only running an alternator so we had to find a custom length belt.
Old water pump with plastic vanes!!
Nice new pump, with metal vanes, interesting difference.
We borrowed an engine crane from Jeff's uncle so it was time to get the motor into the car!
We got all of our mounts sorted. Running a custom solid bobble, billet trans mount insert, custom built GreenBastard front mount as well as a solid billet pass side mount.
Needless to say, with little, well actually no play in the mounts getting everything buttoned up was not easy...
Andrew cleaning the engine bay up:
Motor on the crane:
Dad holding onto the crane while I cranked:
Starting to slide it in:
All the panels out front of the house:
We got the body panels sitting onto it for giggles. JDM hood tilt for now...
Thats all for now, next we will make sure everything is kosher in there and start to wire everything up, guess we should order the MS...
Thanks for looking guys.