97 Plymouth Neon Expresso Sedan (Ressurection)

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.

What to do?

Fix/Restore completely
75%
Make her a race car
25%
Part her out
No votes

Total votes: 4

sohcneon13x
1GN Registrant

97 Plymouth Neon Expresso Sedan (Ressurection)

Post by sohcneon13x » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 pm

UPDATE!
CAR HAS BEEN VANDALIZED!
IF FIXED, TRUELY A RESSURECTION!!!

take another look below!

97 Plymouth Neon Highline Sedan
DOHC/ATX
Needs alot of TLC, she has not seen the road in a VERY long time. has spun bearing, rod or main I do not know yet, and needs a new front clip.
Finally bought a parts car and now have the parts needed to get her back to where she belongs.

Mods to Date:
progross lowering springs
Iceman cut for ATX
Hayame Dual tip Polished SS Muffler pionting straight out the drivers side.
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Aluminum shift knob-ATX
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Aluminum e-brake handle
16" 6-spoke ADR Aluminum wheels powdercoated white. (Now on my 96 coupe)
Panasonic CD player (Now junk cuz someone stole my faceplate!)
2 12" Rockford Fosgate Subs
Rockford Fosgate 360a2 Amp
Pioneer 3 way 6x9's
Pioneer 3 way 6.5's in the doors
Infinity tweeters in the dash (Out of a 96 Grand Cherokee)
Tinted windows

Future Mods:
MTX conversion
Rear sway bar
Front and rear strut tower bars
TTi header (or Pacesetter or likewise)
2.5" Dynomax exhaust piping
Muffler (Brand not yet know)
SRT-4 rear exhaust
New front clip with Sport bumper cover
Custom "LGE" front spoiler
OEM "Handle" Roof Rack?
15" Oem Chrysler LaBaron wheels
205/50-15 tires
UDP
LOG manny (AMM ?)
55mm or 60mm TB
OEM "Surfboard" spoiler?
OEM European taillights and wiring
OEM European Amber front marker lights
Black Depo Projector headlights
OEM Fog lights
2nd gen front and rear seats
2nd gen center console
SRT-4 Shift boot
Srt-4 pedals
Custom "Old-School" style side graphics- black

I think that's about it. I won't be going to wild on the performance side because the girlfriend (soon to be Fiance) will have to be able to drive it. She wants me to keep it an ATX, but now that i have everything to convert it, I think I'll do that. Or someone can step up and buy it from me and then I'll build up the ATX.
Pics can be seen in the pictur post section.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions LKN!
Last edited by sohcneon13x on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:20 pm

my dad is actually considering letting me do the mtx swap.. i have a feeling he wont let me but fingers crossed :D
if not lmk if u wana sell the atx knob when/if u do the swap

other than that plans look good!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

sohcneon13x
1GN Registrant

Post by sohcneon13x » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:11 pm

Thanks Zach. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell the Shift Knob.
96 Plymouth Neon Sedan
SOHC/MTX(swapped!)
MOPAR Street Header/3.0 CAI/ATX TB/UDP/95 cam/ ........40+MPG HWY!

96 Plymouth Neon Expresso Coupe
SOHC/MTX
MOPAR ECU/ ATX TB/ 3.0 CAI/ MOPAR X-High Rates & KYB struts

97 Plymouth Neon sedan
DOHC/ATX ...soon to be MTX!
RECENTLY VANDALIZED AND TOTALED OUT!
rebuild?
MEMBER #52

sohcneon13x
1GN Registrant

Post by sohcneon13x » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:21 pm

one more piece I can check off the list!

Which wheels do all think I should run?
96 Plymouth Neon Sedan
SOHC/MTX(swapped!)

SOHC/MTX

97 Plymouth Neon sedan
rebuild?
MEMBER #52

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:35 am

been off site for a while...new projects? ims confused :?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:27 pm

long story short.. a bunch of mexicans broke into his garage and smashed the roof in.. he might be doing a rag top but i keep telling him to just push the roof up, throw a roll cage in, put a n/a 2.4 and auto x the shit out of it!
he has done a full interior/motor swap and alot of other things (basically rebult a full neon) for about a grand just by having the parts and the know how... he has a log on the org..
its a shame what happened to his car tho!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

sohcneon13x
1GN Registrant

Post by sohcneon13x » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 am

Yes my BABY is close to neon heaven!
heres the story! :cry:
Around the end of June I was out helping our new maintenance man replace light bulbs in some of our security lights around our complex. We get over by my second garage and I decide to show him "MY BABY" "WRAITH"
Wraith was my 1st neon and my addiction to neons started with her. She hasn't been on the road in about 5- 6 years. I spun some bearings in her and she got parked and kind of forgotten about. Not on purpose , but i didn't have the funds to rebuild her like she deserved to be. She also needed some cosmetic work done to the front and I just wanted to give her the full "A+" attention to her. No cutting corners with her. Unlike my current project and DD.
Well I open the garage door to see this:
car was totalled out by my insurance co.
We had a rash of garages being broke into. Mostly by some of the young, disrespectful, Hispanic kids in our complex. 2 of whom have been chased out of garages by me, my complex manager, and a few other tenants. I had the police officer talk to some of the kids but they were of course saying they no nothing and were even being cocky to the officer. One of the suspects' brother was talked to and he told the cop he didn't know how to spell his own Brothers name! WTF!
All the while kinda laughing and saying "I don't care" I coulda killed the little bastard! After the cop told him to leave and that he should try not to be so cocky, we found out he lied about his own name from another tenant who knew his real name! I was about to go "BORDER PATROL" and "INS" on those damn Hispanic kids! Most have no parental supervision and no discipline!
My garage was like the 6th one broken into in the month of June/May.
All of which happen to be in the same bank of garages. Doesn't help matters when not all the garages have walls or ceilings. Which mine did not have a ceiling. Like that would have really mattered! Some walls had been kicked in. Another thing that didn't help is that not everyone locks their garage and not all the locks work!
This is by no means a dive I live in! The complex was recently sold and the old owner just didn't give a damn! Never really fixed anything with the garages. My complex manager told me she told him the garages and grounds needed some maintainence, but he ignored it. Didn't want to spend any money while trying to sell the complex. Cheap bastard!

I really should have fixed her A LONG TIME AGO!
But I had a major lack of funds!
I went threw a divorce at the ripe ole age of 23 and had to file bankruptcy because of it and what my stupid ex did to me. Took me a while to get squarely back on my feet.
Plus I didn't have a good place to work on it myself nor did I have the time. Now I have both, but maybe no "Baby" to work on
This car is very special to me as it was where my love for neons started. I never have cut corners on her and if fixable I never will!
She will get only the BEST work done to her.
I should have fixed her instead of this:
project log for it here:
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=306626
But I had just bought that neon and a 97 Dodge Sport sedan that was Deep Amethyst with a really good front clip. Which is what my baby needed cosmetically. That and a quick engine rebuild and a MTX swap and my BABY would have been back on the road and getting all the LOVE and care that She deserved!
But I decided after looking around my garage that i had 90% of the parts needed to fix the strawberry neon. So I decided that I would fix the strawberry one, swap it to MYX, and gain some more knowledge before I dove into my baby. MY plan was do fix the Strawberry one, drive all summer, start working on my baby and then possibly sell the strawberry neon for the funds to really get my baby back!
Well now I have a totalled neon! :evil:
And I have NO idea really what to do yet.
i have the strawberry neon, which turned out way better than I thought it would! 42-43MPG at 80MPH on almost every trip with her this summer. She has flogged almost 5500 miles since I put her on the road. I still have a few more things I would like to do to her.
I also have my 96 SOHC MTX Coupe as well. i was hoping to finally be able to build my motor for it this winter. DOHC pistons/Magnum Head/ Crane 14/ Crane cam/ Custom home made Long tube Header and the rest of the normal bolt ons and such.
I have everything to build it. I knew better than try to build the motor for it without having another car (neon) to drive. I have learned my leason. A DD cannot be a project car, IMO!

WRAITH will probably be moved back to my double garage real soon and sit next to her coupe cousin CHRISTINE this winter.
i plan on gutting WRAITH and start on the roof and see how it goes. who knows, she might just roll out of the garage all fixed next spring!
96 Plymouth Neon Sedan
SOHC/MTX(swapped!)

SOHC/MTX

97 Plymouth Neon sedan
rebuild?
MEMBER #52

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm

its about damn time you updated! lol
The definition of a NEON

sohcneon13x
1GN Registrant

Post by sohcneon13x » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Ya I kinda was! LOL!
You posted but forgot to vote!
96 Plymouth Neon Sedan
SOHC/MTX(swapped!)

SOHC/MTX

97 Plymouth Neon sedan
rebuild?
MEMBER #52

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 pm

ha i know i just saw that and voted! you already know my vote anyways!
btw to everyone else the pictures dont do it justice! its much worse in person :(
The definition of a NEON