Project Rat Rod

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:25 am

All I gotta say is wow. Waste of money and time man. Whats the point? Whos it gonna impress? In the end a Rat Rod is just a rusted piece of crap that noone took care of and decided to screw with.

Rat Rods are completely queer.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:39 am

^^dont listen to that.. i would love to see this done and cant wait to see the finished project.. it is something new and unique! as long as you keep it tasteful it will look amazing!!
ive usually agreed with tyler but i definitally think he is wrong here!!
KEEP THIS PROJECT GOING!! :D
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:03 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:^^dont listen to that.. i would love to see this done and cant wait to see the finished project.. it is something new and unique! as long as you keep it tasteful it will look amazing!!
ive usually agreed with tyler but i definitally think he is wrong here!!
KEEP THIS PROJECT GOING!! :D

My personal opinion. Doesnt have to followed or even read but I will put it out there. 8)
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Tyler wrote:All I gotta say is wow. Waste of money and time man. Whats the point? Whos it gonna impress? In the end a Rat Rod is just a rusted piece of crap that noone took care of and decided to screw with.

Rat Rods are completely queer.
waste of money? everything outside of a necessity is a waste of money, it all seems to depend on how many people like it to determine if it was a waste or not. savin the SOHC? u could say thats a waste of money. the point? i want to, end of story. impress? well...me. the fact that i made my dream and idea, followed thru instead of bein all hot air, and finished it, and not by payin other people but thru my own hands...thats impressive.
http://streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/rat_rods.htm wrote:Rat rod is a newly developed name for the original hot rod style of the early 1950's. A rat rod is usually a vehicle that has had many of its non-critical parts removed. They are usually finished in primer-like paints and are often period correct. They are very often the conglomeration of parts and pieces of different makes and models.

A typical rat rod is an early 1930's coupe or roadster with the body set low on the frame, fenders removed, whitewall tires, big-little tire combos, exposed engine bay, home-made upholstery, and lots of power.

It has become popular to use the term for a similar treatment on cars from the 1950's and early 1960's as well. These vehicles (known as, Custom Cars, Kustoms, Leadsleds or Sleds) were usually not originally high performance vehicles, but usually a large 2-door sedan with a chopped down roofline, lowered suspension, and most of the little trim work removed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_rod wrote:"Rat Rod" is a style of Hot Rod or Custom car that imitates (or exaggerates) the early hot rods of the 40s, 50s, and 60s. It is not to be confused with the somewhat closely related "Traditional" Hot Rod, which is an accurate re-creation or period-correct restoration of a Hot Rod from the same era.

Most Rat Rods appear "unfinished" (whether they actually are or are not), with just the bare essentials to be driven. More recently however, a trend has arisen of making the vehicle appear "unsafe" or "scary", whether the vehicle actually is or not.
queer huh? get the facts before ur foot hits ur mouth next time, thanks. out
-Lugo-

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:27 pm

Yea, Rat Rods are dumb. Ugly, rusty, and look like a freaking hillbilly mobile. At least when Im "saving the sohc" and working on my car, it actually looks like a car and not a box on 4 wheels with white wall tires.

I know what a rat rod is, I thought everyone did. Definately doesnt make it any cooler because your trying to Imitate an early hot rod. I was just stating my opinion that it is a complete waste of money. You said something about not wanting to waste money on the neon or something but then your gonna do this that will cost you more money than the neon would have? Bright
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

acr star
1GN Registrant

Post by acr star » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:42 pm

this isthe very reason why neon car clubs and forums FAIL....you never hear street rodders or muscle car guys saying things like this. You know why...because they SUPPORT each others ideas...they are like a family, they understand what the "point" is. Neon owners..nah they dont get it..never will. Neon owners always thin "I'm better than you, and you should do thingsMY way". Dude build your car YOUR way and as long as you like it in the end..doesnt matter what ANYONE thinks. Your true friends and forum/car club family will support your idea and creation.

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:46 pm

yep thats what im doin, i already got a coupe from brittany and chris pendin some pics that im gonna pick up next weekend and start workin on it this winter/spring and hopefully it'll be ready for a heart transplant in june/july
-Lugo-

acr star
1GN Registrant

Post by acr star » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:50 pm

Excellent!!! cant wait to see it. Try not to stray from your plan...thats my only advice. Stick to the picture in your mind. Goodluck

APN
1GN Registrant

Post by APN » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:16 pm

I'll give you this sedan for $75 pickup if you get it this week.
APN wrote:
Jordan2.4 wrote:Apn...please make a new sig with pictures of your car CLEAN...i am tired of looking at the dirt...
That's called chipping paint son. Get some glasses. 8)

TomZ
1GN Registrant

Post by TomZ » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:34 pm

I'm not a fan of the rusted rat rod look. The flat black and red is pretty cool, but it's already been done to death. Maybe gray primer and wheels/pinstriping that carries the Mexican blanket theme? How about an old school TJ style tuck 'n roll interior? Air horns that play La Cucaracha? Vinyl top that has a diamond shaped, back glass cutout? T-Bird landau irons? Sidepipes with fishtails? Kind of a lowrider/rat rod meld.
'95 ACR Coupe, 14.366 @ 94.57 MPH Bolt-ons and weight redux (Built 2.4 needs final assembly)
'02 ES Magnum swap, Comp 200 Cam, ACR suspension, bolt ons.
'00 Chrysler LE (Fiancee's) Stock, 1GN R/T rims

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm

acr star wrote:this isthe very reason why neon car clubs and forums FAIL....you never hear street rodders or muscle car guys saying things like this. You know why...because they SUPPORT each others ideas...they are like a family, they understand what the "point" is. Neon owners..nah they dont get it..never will. Neon owners always thin "I'm better than you, and you should do thingsMY way". Dude build your car YOUR way and as long as you like it in the end..doesnt matter what ANYONE thinks. Your true friends and forum/car club family will support your idea and creation.
I just stated my opinion. Hes the one that got all defensive about it.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

DMez
1GN Registrant

Post by DMez » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:26 pm

now now children lets all get along and play nice
Excellence is a decision you make every day...

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:06 pm

APN - thanks but no thanks for the sedan

TomZ - yeah im doin the mexican blanket interior, and i kno a friend who will do the pinstripin for cheap yes! but i'll have to look up this tuck n roll and such u mentioned, sounds fun!

Tyler - lol sorry this seems to have ruffled everyones feathers. dont worry i understand.

acr star - even in families there are different opinions that sometimes conflict. still, tyler's comments are supportin in a way, it shows he has put this to mind and thought about it. where would we be if we could not state our personal opinions?

i think why new car clubs and such fail is because they cant accept the opinions of others. tyler doesnt like it, eh ok...are we both savin the sohc? oh hell yeah baby!
-Lugo-

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Curious on why your doing the mexican interior. Are you spanish decent?
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:02 pm

yeah my father's side is/was mexican migrant workers. lol my mom's side is pure russian until me ahaha
-Lugo-