ACR rebuild

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
acr star
1GN Registrant

ACR rebuild

Post by acr star » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:54 pm

So I have decided to start a project log on my nitemare of an acr. A quick little background on the car. I purchased the car about 2 1/2 years ago nad have owned it 3 times since then. This will be the third build for me. i bought it as a minor crash. I had to replace the rt headlite, fender, hood and front bumper. I also put a wingless trunk on it at that time. It had 15" Borbet 5 spoke wheels on it then and progress drop springs. I repainted it original PW7 and put new headlites, clear sides and Eibach sportlines on it. Heres the retarded part..I sold it to a friend. Well she crashed it before it was all paid for. I bought the car back for 200 bucks and this began rebuild #2 This was more of a quick build. More to come

acr star
1GN Registrant

Post by acr star » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Ok so build #2 was more of a quickie. The girl I sold it to bounced the car over a median and thru a cactus in an "attempt" to avoid hitting a person crossing the road. Yea ok..more like a few too many to drink I believe..but anyway. I put a lwft lower control arm and 4 yes I did say 4 wheels on the car and had to replace the nice clean trunk with the old one. Now mind you at this point I had my '04 neon and my GF had a '95 neon. I was REALLY getting bored with this car....so I traded it off to a guy that had a '89 toyota p/u. That truck was more messed up than the ACR was. advice to anyone looking to buy a vehicle ..LOOK it over really good. I dumped the toy for what cash I had in it and whatda ya know 2 years to the day the guy that had the ACR calls me up and says " I'm broke, you want to buy the neon back?" hense build #3

acr star
1GN Registrant

Post by acr star » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:27 pm

So here I am Rebuilding this damn car AGAIN. It has been an absolute nitemare. The idiot that had the car last rear ended a suburban and destroyed the front of the car. He halfassed the radiator support and put in messed up broken used headlites, he cut my very nice and clean AEM intake to make it a cold air..could have killed him for that one. he cut wires and tried to install power windows and locks. put holes all over the interior plastics. Just a mess. Anyone that wants to donate interior plastics..please and thank you . So I hunted all over just to find coupe door panels.
Today I finally got the front done. We put on a used (clean) hood, 2 new fenders, a used front bumper and a brand spankin new (complete) radiator supprt ...yea buddy. I will post somne pics of the progress tom. I unfortunatly do not have any digital pics of when I first got the car. just pics from 3rd purchase only. Anyway build#3 is well under way. Thanks for hanging out with me and reading my rambling....