$490

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
racingblldg
1GN Registrant

Post by racingblldg » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 pm

i took some parts off of that same neon that was the only one there that still had stuff on it.

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Cool man, do you know how many miles it had on it?
It sucks when it's in the 100s and humid eh?

Bought 2 new axle seals and a shifter bushing/housing from napa for $25.

Right now I just have to put the pedals in, install the trans, axles, brakes, and fix the god awful wiring harness under the dash that the alarm was on. What a garbage install of an alarm, people should be ashamed. The airbag light in the cluster was missing when I pulled it to remove the white cluster face and upon looking at the harness for the airbag, one of the wires going into the clip just has solder all over it. Brilliant!

I also need the wiring pigtails for the speedo and reverse lightswitch! As well as a starter bolt, it had only one. lol

I think I know why the autotrans was having problems. No idea if that bolt is even supposed to be in there somewhere, but I needed to take the trans apart to pull the lockup solenoid to convince the pcm it still has an auto trans (otherwise you'll get a code)

Also, the title came back today in my name and I got her insured. I put both neons on liability only and ended up only paying $40 more a year!

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:05 am

WOW!

i have never seen such a bad magnet in my life!

That's horrid.!!!

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:11 pm

Finished everything up, or at least I thought I was finished. I forgot the two metal clips that hold the shifter cables to the bracket on the transmission. So sick of going to the junkyard!
Redid the wiring from the hackjob alarm and the brake lights ended up staying on even when shutting the car off!

Clutch seems to engage low, it's an old clutch cable I had and an old junkyard clutch. Who knows.

Also couldn't find a speed sensor, I had to borrow one from the other neon.

Due for inspection tomorrow, hrm. The back up plan was to get it inspected anyway and if it fails I'd have 30 days to fix whatever is wrong with it. But with only 3rd and 4th gear and screwy brakelights, I dunno!

1fast2liter
1GN Registrant

Post by 1fast2liter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:41 pm

that sucks man good luck.

96 blue coupe sold
96 white 4 door sold
95 blue sport parted out
97 straberrie red coupe sold
95 black base parted out

current drivers
97 dodge ram 1500 5.9 ext cab sport fire engine red. tinted windows cat back exhaust suer chips tune, 1 mephis audio sub

90 audi 80. 400 miles to the tank
2002 custom sportster 90 whp and quick too

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:52 pm

The good luck was mine! While you posted that I was driving around. :)

Stole the shift cable clips from the coupe, adjusted the crossover cable and fixed the brake light (I didn't know you can adjust the swtich with a little tug, nice). Trans shifts like butter, go junkyard 3.55 go!

No really wierd noises, no leaks, fixed one of the headlights with a bump replacement.

Taking her to work tomorrow and then I have to drive around and find a place to inspect it the same day, I had a horrible time doing that last year, went to 3 places before they had an opening and waited one hour for them to start.

I'm taking off the $120 fee for plates and title, I don't think it should count toward my little tally.

Adding $10 for a pair of new headlight bulbs.

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Inspection was today! I found a mom and pop type towing business that was able to take me right away!
In a mad dash I used a 7k tach cluster I had laying around instead of the timely approach of trying to line up the needles on the 8k tach that came with the car (already misaligned from someone's white cluster face install).
Put two and two together and it failed. OMG MASSIVE FAILURE (the high beem bulb was missing).

Yes, of all things my car failed for one reason. I need a blue light to tell me my highbeams are on. Outstanding.

30 days to fix! lol

I don't have to pay the inspection fee again or anything, so that's nice. It's funny, I thought I caught everything after taking so much of it apart. No, only while driving did I catch that the rear view mirror is epoxied into a fixed position instead of being able to flip for driving at night. :lol:

After seeing what a mess it was otherwise, the bossman at the shop says to me 'so, uh, you do your own work huh?'
Me: Actually, I'm trying to undo someone else's 'work' :roll: :lol:

It rides like a dump truck, sounds like one at WOT, but by golly, it has fully functional a/c and sound deadening to keep the heat out. For that and only that, it is awesome.

I8yourVtec
1GN Registrant

Post by I8yourVtec » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:55 am

woot! i basically have the same thing goin on. I just oicked up a $250 neon yesterday.
but i have to redo wiring
2005- SRT4--Modded
1996 SOHC ATX--After it finally Runs.MTX Swap

SPARKZ
1GN Registrant

Post by SPARKZ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:26 am

<<<<<< really jealous that yaw get these other neons for so cheap