tear down

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

tear down

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:53 pm

so i got bored and decided, what the hell, im going to remove my brake stuff and repaint them. decided to go with black hub and brakets, and red calipers. Image
so i did and heres a few pics of what good weather has allowed.
ooh shiny black hubs.
and ugh not so clean calipers. :?
and some really RED calipers....
but then i got carried away and took the fenders and headlights out :shock: and even the bumper fell subject to be removed... going to install some new struts i guess and new tie rods and ball joints tomorrow.
not sure if while its down rather im going to just do my turbo swap like i've wanted. guess now is as good a time as any huh? :-k
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

neonfighter86
1GN Registrant

Post by neonfighter86 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

im doing almost the same thing dude,im doing new brake lines,springs,ball joints, poly motor mounts and bushing. Its guna take time and $,but when its all done it will be worth it. Keep its up dude the little things ur doing,will make the car look even better dude. Have u done the front control arm bushings yet? U might as well.
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 pm

yeah it has all new bushings and solid mounts done before. trying to get stock fenders and i will most likely get the metal z3 inserts back in. my fiberglass ones are destroyed, never let a woman drive a performance car.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Looking good!
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

neonfighter86
1GN Registrant

Post by neonfighter86 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 pm

1genRTturbo wrote:yeah it has all new bushings and solid mounts done before. trying to get stock fenders and i will most likely get the metal z3 inserts back in. my fiberglass ones are destroyed, never let a woman drive a performance car.
my wife dosent know how to drive a 5 speed so im lucky lol.
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough.

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

Post by ricker91878 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 pm

looks good, gonna repaint mine when I change my rotors and pads.
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:45 am

Hehe, you're lucky you stopped there. I would post picture of mine if I had pictures on the computer of mine.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 pm

well heres what happens when i get sunshine again. got some time and started to reinstall the brake components. put new guide pins and boots in all 4 calipers, new front pads. going to most likely put stock neon springs back in for a while.
driver rear put back in and ready to go......
and so is the pass rear.
ohhh new tie rods and ball joints.
ended up just removing the whole control arm to install new ball joints. thank god for my buddies new 20 ton press.... harbor frieght rules!
got the pass front put back in, looks nice now. got bored and chose a new wheel to put on my car seeing as i had them around.
came off my buddies car, i traded him a set of not so great looking 17's for these babies.
ImageImage
close ups of fronts and rears, cant see calipers very well here, but when the srt rims go back on i bet it'll be way better.