SRT-4 on Stance Nation blog

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
Vinny
Administrator

SRT-4 on Stance Nation blog

Post by Vinny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok, not a 1st gen, but just curious how all you feel about this. I am always cruising stance/fitment blogs, because, well I guess I like the shit, found this today. I've seen a few pics of nicely-stanced 1st gens, but I've never seen a SRT or 2nd gen done in that style.

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone with that much poke, but I don't think it looks bad. BTW the owner of Stance Nation has the flyest Charger SRT-8 I've ever seen.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Lol, that stance of your car drives you crazy doesn't it??

I love the slamed look, still think that guy over on the org with the white 4dr is one of the best looking slammed neons around.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah, for the 10 years I've been driving lowered 1st gens I've always wanted one that sat a couple inches lower. That is one of two main advantages of Hondas IMO, you can slam a wishbone-suspension Honda and it will still ride smoother on the street than a stock-height 1st gen.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 pm

i like it. looks pretty good. agreed that its a bit too much poke, but still nice.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

blueneo03
1GN Registrant

Post by blueneo03 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:55 am

:puke: dont care for the "stanced"... i would much rather something that could actually handle decent.... and i wouldnt be afraid to drive over 25....imo a waste of money...
2003 Neon Se_r.i.p.
1998 Dodge neon highline

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

What makes you think that car can't handle decent? And why would you be afraid to drive over 25, fear of damaging the wheels? There are a lot lower cars out there being daily driven, and it doesn't look like it rubs on the outside.

Not trying to be an ass, just playing devil's advocate if anything.

blueneo03
1GN Registrant

Post by blueneo03 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 pm

the suspension setup can be set up with correct geometry for a neon and the stretched tires scare me honestly.... i think i would look 100x better had it just had tires that are the right size and smaller width rims.... its not the lowering that scares me its the stretched tire and the shit camber in the back i dont like the "poking" or whatever the incorrect offset fad is i think it looks stupid... but thats just me...
2003 Neon Se_r.i.p.
1998 Dodge neon highline

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Vinny wrote:What makes you think that car can't handle decent? And why would you be afraid to drive over 25, fear of damaging the wheels? There are a lot lower cars out there being daily driven, and it doesn't look like it rubs on the outside.

Not trying to be an ass, just playing devil's advocate if anything.
Well your radically changing the suspension geometry

[]/------\[] - Stock suspension

[]-------[] - Pretty low suspension

[]\___/[] - "stanced" suspension

When our control arms and lateral links are lowered farther than horizontal(perpendicular to the ground) you start to see a decrease in handling and safety

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 am

I don't mind checking out cars like that but I personally would never do it. I see no point in it. Looks?.. If that.. I'll post a pic of a miata in "Stance" mode lol

A 10" Rim should not be using a 225mm Tire... Just sayin.
(IDK the actual dimensions of these... Sarcasm.)

boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:01 am

I doubt that thing handles well. There's no forgiveness in the tire size, once you hit a bump, that's it, you need all bunch of new suspension parts. On the track that thing couldn't take a corner well. I guess if you like that look, then it's okay to you, but I don't see a point in having it like that. It doesn't look good, you go through tires really fast, the rims will be scrapped up very quickly, and not to mention, you're not only on the ground, but you'll be able to feel every little bit of vibration and problems in the road.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 am

I think for looks, this whole stance thing looks best on cars such as Lexus's, Acura TL's and other luxury type sedans.
IMO it makes a sports car look like a piece of shit. IMO.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.